Need some encouragement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflower

graduate
If you are feeling a little blue and need a boost, this article may help encourage you. A female firefighter, who was a former triathlete and adventure racer, recently broke the Guinness World Record for winning a 24 hour paddle board race~standing the entire time. What makes her unique is that she has had 4 hip replacements in 5 years~all by the age of 47. :cool:

http://www.capitalbay.com/latest-ne...p-for-90-miles-around-californian-harbor.html

Also Mary Lou Retton.. Some great articles found by Googling on her hip replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

Also Mary Lou Retton..

Yes, Mary Lou is a hippie. :cool: If I remember correctly she was born with a hip problem and the problems manifested later in her life which resulted in a THR in her 40's. And former Tour De France winner Floyd Landis also had a hip procedure and rode for the professional Team Ouch post op. But the reason I posted this particular story is because of the number of hip replacements in a short period AND for being a gifted athlete with severe osteoarthritis. I'm not a hipster recovering from a THR but I find this story incredibly encouraging for me as I muscle through the long recovery of a TKR. I hope many of you find it helpful to know there are more like us out there in the world. :flwrysmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member