Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Knee Infection* Need advice - knee infection

Sara61

Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate to deal with your husband, he is very lucky to have you by his side. Keep in contact with BoneSmart we are all here to help you both to get thru this recovery which can be hell of a rollercoaster with emotions etc but the forum staff and moderators etc are excellent and there is always someone online somewhere around the world on BoneSmart ready to help/advise and generally just listen & comfort.
Snoring (albeit quite annoying lol) is a good sign he is managing to get some sleep - make sure you look after yourself too and get plenty of rest. Sending virtual hugs to you.
Stay safe xxx

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
For some reason I am still not getting email notifications of posts.
I checked your profile and everything looks okay. If you want to doubly ensure you get an email when someone posts on this thread, mark it as a "watched" thread. There is a link at the top of the page to "Watch" it. You mark that you want to receive an email notice.

I'm so sorry to hear all that you both have been through. You definitely have your hands full.

Is your husband under Home Health? If not, you can request that from your surgeon or even your GP. Then you should be able to have a nurse come daily to help with the infusions. You may be able to get other help from the Home Health team as well. I would definitely pursue that because it will allow you not to get so stressed and worn out. Caregiving is difficult as I'm sure you know by now.

You're doing the best you can right now. With infections, all you can do is take one day at a time. As long as he is maintaining or having slight improvements, you'll know things are good. Be glad he is at home. This is not a particularly good time to be in a hospital with serious medical issues.

Please continue to let us know how you both are doing. We care about you and will be here when you need to talk. Sending ((((HUGS)))).

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thank you for your husband's surgical history, @barefoot14. You two have certainly been through a lot and it's really unfortunate that this Covid-19 epidemic is making it even harder for you both.

I hope that he improves while he's in hospital, and that the antibiotics via the PICC line also cure the Staph Aureus in his abdominal wound.

We do have an article about the PICC Line . Click on the blue writing and you should be taken to it.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
isybrink
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom