Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

Revision TKR Need advice for 6th revision

Helizabug

graduate
Country
United States United States
Really interesting information. I’m glad you can tell the difference. Maybe the pain won’t come with PT. Let’s hope so.

OP
OP
Cjackso21

Cjackso21

Country
Hello, hopefully my new question will be seen. It is kind of unrelated to thee original post. I am trying to get off of the pain meds (Tramadol) due to headaches and other issues. I have always used Advil with no issues. My step daughter told me that Advil will damage your liver and not to take it. Has anyone ever experienced liver issues that were associated with taking Advil? Nothing else really works for pain except lots of icing.

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I take ibuprofen daily for all my arthritis issues, and have for a while, and so far I haven’t had a problem, though the potential is there. I usually eat something with each dose.

I weighed the pros and cons of an NSAID and made the decision that I was comfortable with.

sistersinhim

Country
Have you tried taking Tylenol, (acetaminophen). Many find that it helps them better after surgery.

Jewlz1

Country
Unfortunately most drugs (OTC & RX) have undesirable side effects. I believe NSAIDs pose more of a GI bleeding risk and Tylenol poses more liver side effects. I take 2000-3000mg of extra strength Tylenol every day for pain. Benefit has to outweigh the risk which is why I stopped taking NSAIDs orally.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
kcoffee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom