Nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selby

Hello!! I am into this 6 weeks and have been plagued by mild nausea and general feeling of not feeling well......still quite a bit of pain and pain meds were changed from codeine to Darvocet to counteract nausea......only take two tablets a day but the nausea and not feeling well feeling persists. Did you guys experience this? PT was daily and begin 3x weekly today......I do my exercises religiously.....have the other knee to do, but oh whoa!!!!!!

Ask your dr. for Phenergan....NOT phenegran(most people misspell it and pronounce it wrong)...
Phenergan (or Promethazine) is for nausea.

I agree with Pattipoo it does work well i seen where she was talking about it asked my doc and waaaaaaalaaaaa it works well ...... have a good day and god bless ya ........................JIM

Selby, the phena-stuff Patti told you about comes in different forms such as pills, patches, shots, etc; it does work. As for the Darvocets for PT, that wouldn't touch it for me but maybe it will for you. I'm pretty sure it would have taken a Morphine drip for me, just sayin. Have you been checked by a GP to find out if you have something other than a TKR going on? God bless you.

Welcome to the Forum Selby, sorry I can't advise you here, no former experience. Hope you feel better soon, it must be miserable to feel nauseated all the time, and draining. Take care, Sue

Dear Selby,
Welcome to the forum and try the phena that Patti spoke about I've used it regularly since I had gastric bypass surgery in Jan 2005. Sometimes I forget what I can't eat and whoops there it is............I was very lucky that I didn't have sickness with my tkr so I really feel for you. I can tell you that the phena really knocks me out and so little meds have that effect on me so good luck.
Cathy

You guys didn't say anything about NAUSEA, YUCK! I have nausea, don't tell me everyone gets it or is it from the pain meds, cause if that is what is causing the nausea I don't think I will have that much to worry about as I have been taking a lot of pain meds for a lot of years and the nausea from those was years ago. I am like Gat though, are you sure that something else isn't going on? Have you talked to your doctor about how bad you are feeling? I can't think of anything any worse than having nausea on top of everything else. I sure hope it passes for you soon. Rowdy

Thats one problem I didn't have Rowdy. I can take pretty much anything in the way of drugs without getting sick, now whether or not they do any good is another matter. I always tell any new doc I go to for them to pretend I weigh about 450 pounds, that way I get enough.

Hi, Selby, I to was plagued by nausea a nd just a feeling that things were not right. I was also having an on going temp. spike in the after noons and evenings. It turned out that I had a uninary tract infection. 10 days of antibiotics cleared it up. ALSO I was very sensitive to the Pain medication. You might try eating some crackers with your pain meds. Don't know if ths will help, but it's worth a try.

I drink ginger ale when I take my percocet, and make sure my stomach isn't empty -- eat some cheerios if nothing else, like in the middle of the night. Otherwise I'd either get nausea or at best bad indigestion. At the hospital, the nurses also gave me crushed ice to suck or chew on when I was nauseous (in addition to a shot of the good stuff, probably what people talked about earlier), said it works better than drinking water then.

MissB...you seem to know lots about nausea....um....Does the "B" stand for barf?

just kidding!!!

Have you guys ever "nuked" gingerale?? Sounds gross, but actually is VERY good for an upset tummy. It keeps the bubbles and doesn't seem to "cramp" your tummy like it does when it's very cold.

just some USELESS info...

ohh...forgot....nuked gingerale also feels GREAT for a sore throat..

over and out!

Nuke it and add a little lemon. Just a little.

How was work??

Work is good....I STILL come home dragging...I know we all come home from work tired but it's a different kind of tired...you folks that have returned to work know what I mean. I had my right knee replaced so driving home from work after having it in a sitting position all day is still very uncomfortable.

I guess it's gonna be that way for a while....i can live with it.

My sweet hub is out back getting our garden spot ready. It's a small garden and he's raised it up with landscape timbers so I can sit and garden....what a man!

thanks for asking dougie

I KNEW it wouldn't last............nukkin gingerale'''''''''''''''that just aint right.........I really thought we had som..................Oh well........sigh.........

That Long Island Ice Tea will put a serious hurt on your head..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie