TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Yes, it's been a bit slow in recovery but in comparison, the left is now healing better than the right ever did. There was definitely something not right with that first surgery. They tried to say I'd reacted to the bandages :what: but it didn't happen this time around :)

Anyway just returned from a lovely meal at Frankie&Benny's. Gorgeous yummy. Eldest daughter, partner, grandson and his girlfriend. We had a wonderful evening xxx hubby home tonight.

I will post a pic of the LTKR as it is now tomorrow x

As to flu shots - having had a chest/throat infection for the last 2 and half months, I asked my GP as to advisability of a flu injection. I've never had one before, but after this dreadful experience I wondered if I'd be wise to do so. His advice? No!

Hello @Judlepip lovely to hear from you. I'm feeling heaps better today. It's only the second time in about fifteen years I've reacted. The effect of flu on my asthma is dreadful. It's a bit of a rock and a hard place to be honest x Gosh what's caused you to be ill so long? What set it off? X

Last edited by a moderator:
Just popped in after some time off site & it's so lovely to see how much progress you have made Ann. So great to hear that you've found some light st the end of your tunnel.
Be interesting to see if coming off the statins helps. I've been suffering extreme fatigue & took myself off mine...been off for two weeks & I do feel better....whether that's mind over matter....I don't know. Came off simvastatin for same reason & now pravastatin. Maybe time to try another as my reading was 8.0 too!
Keep up the good progress ......Chrissie xxx

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Oh gosh it's been ages since I heard from you. How are you @Hoppy Nanny?

Yes this recovery is leaving the last one standing I'm glad to say!!! Ive had to go out in the garden. I'm able to stand still for a few mins at a time. So I've taken the hand shears and clipped the overgrown shrubs back. Then my knee started that stiff, tingling, aching swollen feeling so I came back in and sat down elevating my legs. I will have to go back out because I have to sweep the debris up. Trouble is it's pulled the plug on my energy level (still doesn't take much) x

I couldn't have done this with my other knee xxxx

Hi @Nana moon 27 and all else out there today. The 'bug' that lasted so long Ann was, apparently, a 'virus', which as you will know means that nothing can be done! 3 lots of antibiotics, plus a short course of steroids still didn't put me right, but this last week I finally feel normal - Alleluia! Mainly thanks to endurance and Ventolin even though I don't have asthma! I'm back to the GP next week to ask why I have Ventolin if I don't have asthma!!

I'm very glad to see and hear that you're doing so well.

Hi Ann, glad you are improving, I'm sure that you are glad hubby is home now.
No, I'm still in France, it's wonderful to be free and flexible, we were supposed to spend our second three weeks in Brittany, but the weather forecast wasn't too good so we turned south and are now on the Med coast, (literally, I look out of the door and there is the Med, I go to sleep at night hearing the waves). We have another week here before we slowly head north, then we have a week in Devon with my brother and his wife. We'll get home eventually late October and I will be able to be in touch more. Wifi is terrible here.xxx

Hi it's so lovely to hear from you @Ellejay. I'm so glad to hear you're have a wonderful time at the med. Oh it sounds positively heavenly. Open the door and you can see and hear the sea...wow xx it's lovely your knees are doing so well. I've mastered those horrid steps into my garden, so I can peg the washing out. Yet still need crutches to get down there but I'm far more confident than I was xx

Being able to walk round the downstairs of the house without a crutch is lovely. Stairs are still yukky but I'm managing them better x

Still getting energy drain but all in all improvements are finally happening xxx

Keep at it Ann - you're doing fine! I know I've missed a lot of posts as I've been absent, but why still the crutches?

I'm currently suffering from the most awful allergy reaction! I woke up in the early morning, sniffing, coughing, tingling eyes and sneezing! This continued for hours despite Piriton, Luffa (Vogal herbal remedy), nasal spray and other herbal tablets. I'm getting desperate. Is there an answer to allergies? I've washed all pillow slips, hung pillow on line in the sun and am now stuck for further action! Any suggestions gratefully received.

Hi Ann
I'm OK.....hip is just wonderful but have been plagued by various health problems (that's life!), my main worry is my knee which does not want to play ball at the mo....I've lost 10lbs in weight & it still doesn't like walking very much. Hey ho! I've a dear little puppy sheltie who just loves her walk so she keeps me moving even if it's painful. Would love to enjoy my walking again.

So glad that you are moving on & enjoying some normality.....it sure helps. Keep up the good work . Take Care. Chrissie x

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Hi @Judlepip

I only mainly use the crutches for outside. Or in the house if I overdo it and the knee decides to have a brat attack!. Ive had terrific problems with weak quads and they are only recently starting to strengthen more. I'm still a bit wobbly. I'm the same in hydrotherapy when I walk back and forth with weights on my ankles in the pool. The physio said that will improve as I get stronger xx on one really good day I managed to walk a mile. Haven't achieved it since but I know I can do it. I have to use mind over matter. However, I will not compromise my recovery as finally I feel like I'm recovering!!

You could ask your GP if he would refer you for an allergy test. Mine is house dust/mite, cats, feathers and cheese. Crazy!!!

Take care
Love Ann xxx

Hi Ann, @Nana moon 27, so glad you are doing better knee wise and flu shot wise. I guess I had not seen photos of your knee post of before. OMG it is a wonder you could walk on the first TKR afterwards. And the scar seems so long. I know each surgeon does things a little different... I am glad you are able to move about better now. Thank God!! Keep up the good work. I usually get the flu shot every year religiously, but when I went to see my primary with everything going on with being post -op from the sinusitis, he felt it better for me to wait a bit as to not add any possible drama into the pot. I agreed. Keep doing well, and take care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:

Hello how nice to hear from you @chestnc. I'm surprised you hadn't seen my first TKR. Someone once said their butcher could've done a better job!!!! I let the trainee nurses aspirate the blisters. They couldn't believe their luck! It's just such a relief now that things are improving this end of things.

Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx

Hi nana moon, I have question for you, I was given Lyrica this week and I made a search on BS and there you are and every time I try to see your tread it gives me a msg of error. My questions are : how many mg/day are we supposed to take and for how long. I lost more more than 10 pds before and I don't want to take them back, it seems that at high dosage it's a side effect.

Thank you for reading me and hope that you will have an answer.
Tina

Hi Tina,

You need to contact @Josephine for this. I've never taken Lyrica. I'm so very sorry I cannot help with this. I am not medically qualified. I will have a read of your thread though if that's ok? @Tina48 xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I was given Lyrica this week - how many mg/day are we supposed to take and for how long
This information should have been written on the packet by the pharmacist as per the instructions he got from the doctor. If you don't have these instructions then you need to contacts one rot he other of these persons. Dosages and frequency will vary a lot from person to person.

As for how long, it can also vary from several weeks to many months. Whichever, you will need to titrate off them (slowly reduce over 4-6 weeks) and not just stop taking them. I took mine for about 7 months and then slowly reduced them over about 6 weeks.

Well my balance is getting better. I stepped over my grandsons legs but unfortunately I didn't clear it with the latest TKR one. I went flying forward but managed to retain my balance. Unfortunately all the weight went on to the TKR leg. Tonight my knee and foot really hurt but I'm so pleased I didn't actually come face to face with the ground. Another positive xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom