Revision THR My RTHR journey and the road back to an active life.

@CricketHip I only progressed up to a point after surgery and at 4 weeks was using a cane because it hurt near the joint to put weight on it. I guess you don’t know what you don’t know so I really felt that the sensation I was experiencing was probably normal.A few days earlier it also felt like my leg was shorter slightly. All of course is speculation because it broke on the way to get my followup X-ray Which could have shown was was happening.

Thanks @CPH.. what a long and winding road. But now you are feeling so much better,, I'm so happy for you.
Your thread will be so helpful to others coming to Bonesmart. So will @ceezee with her journey.

Trying to catch up around here @CPH Love hearing how well you are doing. Interesting to hear about your water PT. Very encouraging news all around!

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: @CPH

Hope all is continuing to improve and that you have a very happy holiday.
Pop by when you can...love to hear how you are doing.
:christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon:

Well it’s been a while since I’ve popped in, but just wanted to update everyone on life after my revision a year ago. In a nutshell i often forget Ive had a hip replacement. No pain at all, even with my long stem, 8 titanium bands, and 18 inch scar ( which has faded away nicely). I am very deliberate in most everything I do with my leg, but just because I need this hip hardware to last. Otherwise I have no limitations. After doing the water PT, I turned into a lap swimming fanatic and go to the pool 6 days a week for 1.5 hours, rain or shine and to be honest, I am probably in the best shape I’ve been in since high school tho I could still loose a few lbs. But my biggest recent feat has been being able to sit on the floor “ Indian style” without any pain or issues. This has come in very handy painting my toe nails with the nail salons in Calif closed so long during Covid. I have not had my 1 year followup...which is 3 months past due, due to Covid, but will soon. Stay safe everyone!

@CPH :happydance:
So good to hear you are doing well.
Several folks recovering from recent revisions and a few facing upcoming surgery will no doubt be very encouraged by your update.
I sure am glad to hear you are back to life (and able to paint your toenails:) :-) (:)
Hope your week is sweet.

Thanks for stopping by with the encouraging update. It’s wonderful to read how well you’re doing after all you’ve been through. May it only get better.
Have a great Autumn!
@CPH

Such a great update! So happy for you and so grateful that you returned to update us all.
Who doesn't love a good ending!??

Happy continued lap swimming and toe painting!

Hi @CPH I remember you well...we had replacements done around the same time in 2019 and then your revision surgery. So happy to see your notice in my email and so glad to hear that you are healing so well this time around. That's all that matters, isn't it?

That's amazing about your lap swimming. I find swimming one of the most difficult things ... my cardio rate really jacks up.

New update: well just popped in to give a quick update on my 1.8 year post hip revision surgery update with my ortho surgeon. Should have seen him about a year ago, but then there was Covid and the 3 month wait to get an appt. In any case he said the bone has fully attached to the long stem (see attached for my frankenleg right after it was installed In 2019) and today all looks great, with no need to return for 4 years unless there is a problem. Two nice things looking at my old/new X-rays side by side is that my left hip (still original) has had zero change since 4 years ago, and my swimming has had noticeable results on my leg muscle definition in both legs. He was happy to see my range of motion and leg strength was great in my THR leg which I attribute solely to swimming and water exercises. I definitely recommend swimming & water strength training for anyone who has access to a pool. That’s it...wishing everyone a wonderful 2021!
3DBE0366-C9F0-4171-B2AA-296090F8DC55.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for updating and sharing the good news. While the hardware may look Frankenstein like to you, the important thing is your leg healed as it should and is functioning well. I’m happy for you! You went through a lot and it seems the worst is behind you. I hope you have a wonderful Spring /Summer 2021. Please stop back with updates on occasion, it’s never tiring to read of happy endings.
All the best!
@CPH

Reactions: CPH
:wave:Great to see your update and that you are doing well after revision.
Updates like your are so important to those who are facing revision surgery.
I hope things keep getting better and better.
:happydance::loveshwr::happydance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom