OATS - MACI My right knee MACI procedure

I used an ice machine all night long and every time I sat down for the first month or so. I was also told to do this after my shoulder surgery in 2012. Recovering from surgery is different than recovering from an injury. Each person on here is different and needs to do what works for them.

Well, that goes against everything I've been told my entire life. Interesting.
Unless you routinely hang out with orthopedic surgeons, you likely would not hear this about the use of cryotherapy to help control pain after joint replacements. Most people focus on injuries and not surgery recovery. The two are different. There is plenty of scientific research to back up the use of ice in this way and it does work for most people.

There is an expression in Spanish I like use--a little bit of self deprecating humor.
It is "Soy inteligente a veces" ;)

I've had three knee surgeries. The first two were simply scam surgeries where I was promised I'd be fully healed and later learned they were worthless surgeries. I simply can't believe how long it takes to recover from what seemed to be even minor arthroscopic procedures.

For me, 15 weeks of downtown would be just the beginning of healing.

I have been off work now for 11 weeks and really want to go back. Because i have a very physical job which involves kneeling and lifting my employer wants me to take another 4 weeks off.

That will be 15 weeks in total, this just feels so long and slow

I've had three knee surgeries. The first two were simply scam surgeries where I was promised I'd be fully healed and later learned they were worthless surgeries. I simply can't believe how long it takes to recover from what seemed to be even minor arthroscopic procedures.

For me, 15 weeks of downtown would be just the beginning of healing.

@Peter Mac I’m sorry you’ve had so much trouble with surgeries that didn’t help. My PKR has fallen into that category.

@Shazza1970 has not been back here since April 2020, so I doubt you’ll get a response. I’ve moved the above posts from her thread, to your thread.

Please give us the dates and procedures of your other surgeries. They are important in your history and we’d like to have them in your signature.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back