Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

Yesterday was my first day without an opioid and I had the worst night sleep! I am now taking 2 ES Tylenol 3 x day. Slept in the recliner and tossed and turned....my knee is very sore this morning but I have not had my Tylenol yet. Really contorted the knee trying to get comfortable. I just really feel the need to get off the tramadol (was only taking 25 mg twice a day) but enough is enough.

:console2:I hope you feel better as the day goes on.

@Jockette, I did OK today, it is about time for my 3rd dose of 2 ES Tylenol along with Robaxin 750 mg to help me sleep.
I am having hot and cold spells (almost like menopause). I assume it is part of the withdrawal symptoms plus some GI upsets.

Bummer! I hope things even out soon. :console2:

Thought I would mention that I had my yearly routine blood work done and my BUN/CREATININE RATIO is high: 30.00. Normal is 12-28. My PCP is not worried. I read: "BUN:creatinine ratio is a crude measurement of acute renal failure. However, acute renal failure happens when there is decreased blood flow to the kidneys (e.g. dehydration, intake of high blood pressure meds like ACE inhibitors and diuretics – meds that make you pee a lot, severe bleeding, overuse of over-the-counter pain relievers like Ibuprofen, high grade fevers, etc.). This is rapidly reversible when the cause can be identified. In some cases, it is usually dehydration. Simply drinking lots of water will correct the abnormality."
I am sure it is from ALL the pain medication I have been taking these past few months. I am well hydrated and drink water ALL the time.

Doing well, just on 2 ES Tylenol for pain 2- 3 times a day. Hope my kidneys hang in there!!! lol

There are herbs that help with cleansing your liver and kidneys. Google it and do a lot of reading. I'm a firm believer in the natural way, if possible.

I had my yearly routine blood work done and my BUN/CREATININE RATIO is high: 30.00. Normal is 12-28. My PCP is not worried.
If your PCP isn't worried, I don't think you need to worry, either.
He/she probably knows that there are other reasons that can affect your blood results.

I think you should read MaryO's post, her thread is "Knee Replacement 1/9/19" she dealt with a loose implant for a time and has recently had a revision.

@skigirl, thanks....I read all threads regarding revisions. Yes, I am following MaryO's revision thread and find it remarkable how well she is doing. I assume she must have had some type of block to be in so little pain. I am starting the beginning of my 14th week and think I am doing great! I have no real limitations. Use 2 ES Tylenol when I need it and Robaxin 750 mg if I over do it (like vacuuming the house today). Just a reminder, the OS did have to do a bone graft on my femur from the poor cut from the previous LTKR plus augment my tibia from another poor cut. Everyone is different and heals at their on pace.

Exactly, that is what we always say here. It is impossible to compare yourself to another person. It sounds like you are doing well---and that really is all that matters. Slow and steady progress is the best outcome.

Slow and steady here but sure wish the complete healing of internal soft tissue and deep layers of muscle were at the 1 year mark! I will be 4 months post revision on Feb. 3th and still have soreness (not bad pain), uncomfortableness sitting at 90 degrees at my desk top for long periods of time. 2 ES Tylenol twice a day gives me relief. The pressure while sitting hits the thigh area and my calf gets sore. Thinking I should start doing strengthening exercises, like squats, riding my stationary bike, leg lifts....feel lazy. So tired of taking ES Tylenol but it helps. I think I limp some when walking even though I try to do heel toe. Just venting.

Something I have noticed since my revision is I have A LOT more spider veins (some small varicose veins too) under my knee and thigh area. I'm sure that doesn't help. Anyone else have them since their surgery?

Strangely mine went away ... I put it down to the leg muscle exercises. :scratch: :what:

I agree that they will go away. Be careful doing squats. They aren't good for new knees.

@sistersinhim, I did what is a partial squat where I hold onto something sturdy (like my stationary bike handles) and squat just where my butt hits the top of a chair. 30 reps. plus I rode the stationary bike for 20 mins. Before that I elevated my legs with a heating pad on my left thigh for the first time, for about an hour. It really seemed to make a difference. :)

It sounds like you know what you are doing and your knee is responding well.

The heating pad may have helped loosen up your muscles. I'd say you can start exercising if you feel up to it, just take it slow to start. What I did was start really slow and add minutes or reps just a few at a time. I also would take a day "off" in between.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty that I did not do any formal PT for my revision. I have not been exercising like I planned. My knee is healing but I still have soreness, mostly in the upper thigh area. I sit for 1- 2 hrs. off and on at my desk top computer and my knees are bent at a 90 degree angle. I feel the pressure in the revision thigh leg area. When I get up, I hobble for a minute and limp some. I feel that if I started doing my leg lifts again and ride the stationary bike, my quads would be stronger and I would not limp. Last night we met a couple for Mexican food and sitting in a booth for 2 hrs. really made the knee feel uncomfortable. When I got up, I knew I would be limping....someone commented on it, asking about how my knee was doing. Asking if I was doing PT, etc.
I did take my 2 ES Tylenol at bedtime (even though I had a "skinny margarita") plus Robaxin 750 mg (which I have not done in about a month and half). I do know my knee revision worked and I am better at this time frame compared to my original TKR. Just wish things were further along. Oh, I also have been wearing different shoes (flip-flops) which have changed my gait....that doesn't help with the soreness!

You’re still early, lots of time to improve. :console2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom