THR My recovery thread.

You deserve at least twice that long.
I'm shooting for 30 myself...or forever.
Hugsxxxx

@Mojo333. I think so too.I would like for it to last forever,but my doctor doesn't think so-unless I die before i reach old age.The point being if I live a normal lifespan is pretty much inevitable.hugs back.

Dear Allena,

Just checking in to say hello, you are often in my thoughts my friend.

I had a quick update on your thread and i am so pleased that you are doing well. You may think that i have not read your posts as i realise that your recovery is perhaps not as advanced as you hoped. But you had so many things to deal with pre-op, the improvements that you have made are amazing. Plus you overcame Agnes and her misguided attempts to prevent you having surgery. That is a big deal and i think that you should be very proud of yourself. Also as the lovely Layla and Mojo said plenty of time yet for thing to improve hip wise for you.

So take care and i will post when i can. My mother-in-law is ill now and needs a fair amount of care so i am quite a busy girl. I will always be grateful for the support you gave me pre and post op. You may not realise it but you really helped me.

Lots of love,

Ginny

Hi.It's good to hear from you.:)
I'm glad i was helpful.I didn't think I was much help.
You are right.I am so envious of those who have made it to the promised land-what I call close to 90 to 100 percent.I am NOT there.I am truly glad for the improvement I have had so far-as I mentioned before a partial miracle is better than no miracle.
I am sorry you're mother in law is not doing well.It's nice of you to help her.
I bet you aren't often bored.

Only ten more days until your anniversary! :)
Are you going to throw a party? Maybe a little hippy hippy shake? :happyfeet:
I remember well how nervous you were a year ago....look how far you've come! :yay:
Happy November! It's a special month for you.
@allena

HI!No.I'm not going to throw a party.lol.I still don't know what I'll do.
I was more terrified than anything else.I was nervous of coarse too.
Yes,I have.
I have noticed some small improvements.
I suppose it is special.
I have been paying close attention to how normal people do things.I'm halfway there more or less.
My hip still doesn't feel natural,but I am used to it by now.It beats horrible pain.

Last edited:
I think tomorrow or the 12th will be the 1 year anniverisary of my hip surgery.On the one hand I am happy that I am doing much better than I was pre surgery,but on the other hand there are things I can't do that physically normal people do-like getting in the bathtub the normal way,walking a long distance,climbing steps without bars,etc.Thank goodness I don't need to walk far or normally have to deal with steps with no bars and can take showers.I can do what I really need and want to do.I am repeating myself to some extent,but it's pertinant to my thoughts at this point in time.I am not sure that I will ever be normal-or even very close to it.oh well.what will be,will be.It's no big deal I suppose-I haven't been normal in a long time(20 years).

I can do what I really need and want to do.

Wow...one year already!
I'm really sorry you're dealing with some disappointments in your progress.
I'm gathering you can't access the bathtub in the way you wish, but assuming you still have the ability to get in and out. Some can't even consider getting in and out of a bath tub...and will never enjoy a long soak again, so you're lucky if you still have the ability.

You can walk and even if you can't walk long distances, you can stop and take breaks while on a longer walk, or break it up into 2-3 walks throughout the day if you're trying to fulfill a daily amount of steps.

What's normal for one person, is not for another. We're all different and you are most likely blessed in areas that others aren't. I think we all have struggles in life and have to do the best with what we're given. You're better off than you were a year ago, I remember well how you were doing before your surgery and it wasn't good. All you need to do is go back and look at your pre-op thread to realize that, allena.

"I CAN DO WHAT I REALLY NEED AND WANT TO DO"
Your words, allena, so I'd say you're doing pretty good.
Have a great Tuesday and a Happy One Year Anniversary!!

You may still notice improvement over the next 12-18 months so hang onto that thought as you begin your second year post op.
@allena

One Year Hipversary.
download.png

I think with the 20 years of struggle you describe prior to surgery, you still have alot that can still improve.
Maybe you could think about some targeted PT to address which muscles might need strengthening to help you with stairs and other things you feel like you would like to do.
I Do think that without this hip replacement, you would indeed find things much worse and the past year with horrid pain would have been awful.
I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.

@lalya. can take a bath .sort of.I have to sit on a shower seat and use a plastic glass to get myself wet.Getting in and out of the tub the normal way is damn near impossible so i don't do it.
so true.Life is a struggle.Yes,I am much better off than I was pre surgery.I am glad for that -I'll always say that.I don't think I'll ever forget that horrible pain and how bad it was before.If I do I'll get to experience it again one day when the implant fails.I am glad there will be some improvement.

Last edited:
@Mojo333 . I agree,I would have been much worse off without the surgery,That might help. I hope you have a good week too.
we had our first snow today.

I don't think I'll ever forget that horrible pain and how bad it was before.If I do I'll get to experience it again one day when the implant fails.I am glad there will be some improvement.

allena, don't count on the implant failing. Joint replacement surgery is one of the most prevelant surgeries performed worldwide. The outcomes have become excellent based on a number of techniques changing over the years. The implants are durable and long lasting, more so than ever before, offering an increased likelihood that you'll never have to experience the procedure again.

Read the article below from the BoneSmart Library.

Snow already?! It's too early. We're really cold in my area also.
Stay warm and have a great week, allena!
@allena

I would like for the implant to last as long as I do.that would be awesome.
Yes,it is.its snowed again too.i hope you stay warm also.

Hope you have something planned for today, my hippy friend.
Big hugsxxxx :roseshwr:

Hope all is well with you and wishing you a sweet Christmas!:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

Hello :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: I hope you're doing well @allena
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy healthy New Year!

:santa-dance: :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
@allena
Hope all is well and that 2020 will be a year of improvements with ypur mobility and something amazingly wonderful comes your way.
Cheers!:kitty:

Happy New Year to you too.id be happy with a ok year without too much pain.amazing isn't too likely,but anything is possible.it was nice of you to think of me.

Of course @allena
You are part of our Bonesmart family.:friends:
Things may never be Perfect, but as for myself, I am ever so grateful to get rid of that horrid bone on bone pain.

Hope your Sunday is sweet.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member