THR My recovery thread.

It's almost as easy to tie my shoe on my right side as it is my left side.I can hold my right leg out 30 seconds before my hip starts to hurt.It took a long time for that to happen-not until this month.I can cross my leg for up to 3 or 4 minutes on the right side-a definite improvement.I can lift my right leg almost as high as my left leg.:)To someone physically normal these things are nothing,but they are really big to me.

Last edited:
Splendid news @allena :egypdance:
Almost nine months out and you are getting stronger and stronger. Considering how long it had been since you could move around comfortably, THIS IS BIG NEWS. :wowspring:

I sure hope you are having a nice summer. Keep on keeping on.:friends:

later in the month I'll be seeing the surgeon (his assistant really).I won't be needing a cortisone shot.My knee is feeling ok.With any luck I won't need any more.:)My knee is far from normal,but better than in it was pre surgery.

Well that's progress, allena.
I'm happy to hear it. Life seems to continue improving for you.
I hope you have a great rest of the week!
@allena

Really?
That is splendid news!
Shows how much bad hips can affect other parts of our body.
Hope you are feeling like getting out more and rejoining life, my hippy happy pal.
You have overcome so much.:loveshwr:

Last edited:
Wonderful updates! Just think how you'll feel in another month, and then another?
It's good to hear about your knee feeling better, that's good news for many of us to hear in the middle of our post op recoveries.

Nine months better!:yes!:
Hope you have a great week @allena

the appointment went well.I'll see the doctor next august unless something goes wrong(I hope it doesn't)he said the hip should last the next 10 to 15 years,but it is possible that it may last 20 or even 30 years.I hope it will last for as long as possible.I don't want to have to have major surgery ever again if I can help it-if I must I hope it's not for a long time.I am glad I did have this one surgery though.

I doubt I will have much to say for some time with any luck.I don't think ill ever be as well off as ginny 12,but however close I get to normal will be good.

Good news, allena!
Remember things can still improve for months to come.
Here is an article you may find interesting in light of your comments on longevity -
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/hips-that-have-lasted-32-40-41-and-45-years.13853/

We haven't heard from Ginny in a long while. Hopefully she's doing well and back living life.
Here is her thread if you care to leave her a message, it's up to you - she may, or may not see it if you do...
Depends upon whether she drops by the forum, or receives notifications.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/posts/1287948/

I hope you have a great evening and week!
@allena

that's interesting.those people got lucky.I doubt that is the norm though-still it is nice to know that it is possible for a hip to last that long.I hope i am that lucky.I hope you are too.
I doubt we will hear from her.she's back to normal.She has no need to be on this forum anymore.

Well, I'll tag her and we can watch and see if she updates. It would be nice to hear from her.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts