THR My recovery thread.

... the scar is is now sunk in ...

:wave: allena. I am pleased you are doing well. I also have a 'valley' where my scar is but assumed it is because it is the third cut for me in the same place. It doesn't bother me and sort of short shorts (not quite daisy dukes) would hide it! I go between Aloe Vera Gel and Arnica Cream at the moment, which I massage in. I assume it is muscle/fat loss and that it will even up a bit in time.
I get all my 'stuff' from Amazon and go for the best deal. :flwrysmile:

Thanks.:)I thought of that too.In my case it's my first cut there.I love amazon.

Last edited:
I have two big parentheses...better than the alternative!

Hi, My Friend. Hope all is well with you.:flwrysmile:

Hi allena!:)
Good to know things are still getting better. I had lots of less obvious improvement up to a year and after.
Sure does make life easier.
Hope you are able to get out and about and all keeps getting better and better!:happydance:

Awesome! It will continue to get better too :yes:
I hope you had a nice weekend, allena.
Thanks for dropping by with an update. :)
@allena

Someone I knew had hip surgery two weeks ago.She has no restrictions and could use a cane after a week.A week!Lucky her.It took me 3 weeks to be able to use a cane.Her scar is only 4 inches.mine is a lot bigger.It's never good to need hip surgery of coarse,but I'm envious.No doubt in 3 months she will be back to normal.It is taking me much longer.I'm happy for her.I'm glad she has had a easier time of it than I did.

@allena, you just never know with these recoveries. My first hip was in 2014 and was a breeze, this one was in February and nothing close to being a breeze. I hear you on that "monsoon" season, same here. Unfortunately I still have hurricanes to worry about again :flabber::bawl:but at least my hip won't keep me from putting up shutters this year!

so true...I'm sorry this recovery has been harder for you.I'm sorry you are dealing with monsoon season too.There has been flooding here.Thankfully we don't get hurricanes.The worst that will happen is that we will have a rainy day.It's good to be able to do so called simple and ordinary things again.I will never take normal things for granted ever again.

@allena, I know exactly what you mean.....so grateful to be able to do even little things again! Happy to hear that you are still improving. I guess why they say that recovery can be a year of longer. Flooding is my worst fear so be safe!!! :flwrysmile:

Hi allena. Little scars and shorter length of time with walking aids...I bet our hips last longer than hers:heehee:
Glad all okay.
We all have different recoveries...and you with your lupus and knee problems...I think you should be super proud!

I am on high ground.My street has been flooded before though.thanks.I hope you will be safe also.
Yes,I am.I am pretty sure it will take more than a year to fully recover. I won't be near 100 percent for my age,but I am hoping for at least 60 percent.Only time will tell.

The person I mentioned has no other problems (except for another bad hip which is bad enough) and she dealt with with her problem early-after a year.Unlike me.cowardly me.

You're not cowardly.
All of us were afraid. The important thing is, you didn't let your fears rule but attacked them head on by scheduling and going through with surgery. That's brave!
Hope you have a great week, allena.
@allena

Last edited:
I agree @allena! It took me 7 years to schedule my first hip but waited another 5 to do my second, but a coward? No way! We are troopers that finally gave in to the problem and got it fixed so you rock girl!!! :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back