THR My recovery thread.

Hey...almost 5 months post op already.
Unbelievable! Well, probably not for you, but it does feel like it was only a couple months ago that you
were pre-op with all the anxiety that goes along with it.
Look how far you've come. And to think there is still room for improvement! Yay :happydance:
Hope you have a great day!
@allena

Yep.I'll take any improvement I can get.I hope you have had a good day too.It's been ok so far.

Just a nice thing I found online.

Attachments

• IMG_20190412_113541_617.jpg
    IMG_20190412_113541_617.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 209
I did something the other day I had not done for a very long time.I sat down on a one foot tall raised planter -I had been standing awhile and wanted to sit down.It was not very hard to get up or down though I did take my time and held on to my cane.I literally can't recall the last time I was able to do that.

Being able to do things - even simple things...makes this surgery so amazing.:yes:
I'm so happy that you are doing well.:loveshwr:

yes,it does.Thanks.me too.I still have a long way to go though.That is hardly surprising considering how bad the situation got to be and how long it persisted.Slow healing and progress is a lot better than none at all.

I always look at seats and study them... how will I get down... and how the heck will I get back up???

With my son in 1st grade, I get anxiety when I have to be in his classroom. Those little chairs...
Oh my goodness I might as well just lay on the floor!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

same here.I understand.I can't get up and down off the floor -anything less than a foot is a no go at this point.

I hope you had a lovely Easter, allena.
You're doing so well with your recovery.
Just think...you'll be a half year in, within 3 weeks. Amazing!
Best wishes for sunny / happy days all week! :SUNsmile: :)
@allena

It's been almost 6 months since my surgery.My scar is still really obvious,but not so red at least.I have nothing new to report at this point.Things are going well.

Awesome, allena! You continue to do well and full recovery can take up to a year, even longer for some, so
there's still room for improvement. It's encouraging to think about that.
I'll bet over the next 6 months your scar will fade to a thin white line.
I hope you have a nice evening and a great rest of the week. :)
@allena

True.I would like that.I'm guessing it will not always be raised too?that would be awesome.red and raised is VERY obvious.I would not be surprised if I take longer than a year to fully heal.after all the situation was pretty bad before the surgery.

I think the incision itself flattens as does the immediate area that surrounds it. Give it time...
@allena

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom