TKR My post-op blog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backbay
I am on them for high blood pressure and they do decrease your heart rate in some way.

Jo so glad you are feeling better it does not matter why!!
judy

Quite the adventurer you were today, Jo! So glad to hear you were able to walk outside. Are you carrying a cell phone or something with you in case you were to need assistance? Seems I recall that you were getting one of those "Help Me" thingies.....did it come??? We need you safe, you know!!! Next time the pharmacist has a delivery, tell him to bring chocolate too. I mean, needs are NEEDS, after all!!!

Did somebody say chocolate??????? Hope your ventures outside are proving therapeutic! Its so nice to get fresh air after being cooped up in the house!!!! :). Feel good!

Beta-blockers actually slow the heart rate (tachycardia) and reduce the amount of adrenaline that tachycardia produces thus halting the chain reaction that is responsible for anxiety - the old 'fight or flight' reaction.

So pleased to hear you got out and about Jo. :)

Best wishes

Chris :)

Jo

So glad you are feeling better. I was thinking of you last night and as I was making dessert for a dinner I was having today for a friend visiting from California and wishing I could send chocolate via email. I made a Hazelnut crust torte with a chocolate (14 oz imported bittersweet chocolate), butter and heavy cream filling. Obviously not worried about calories. I even made homemade French bread. It has been so long since I could bake, that alone made having the knees done worth it. I could even do this even though the other morning I caught the foot in the sheets and fell getting out of bed. Gad I did not have the hip done as I sure got one hack of a bruise. The knee is a little sore but it is the same place at the top of the fibula that has been bugging be for the last 7 months.

Keeping on trucking. I also found those first few trips out side scary especially on my rock and gravel driveway.

Simon

Thanks again, everyone - it's so nice to log on here in the morning and find all this encouragement. I never realised how much it bucks you up!

And Simon - that chocolate torte sound delish and totally indulgent! But hope you have recovered from your falls - oh my! That must have shaken you up. What a horrid experience.

Chocolate by e-mail - now there's an opportunity for someone to make loadsamoney!!!

Simon's culinary efforts sound 'delish' as you say, Jo. A cook after my own heart! I'm trying to do some baking as we've visitors next week, but have had to have a break 'cos the knees are complaining. Our bodies do let us know when enough is enough, don't they.

I hope your unpleasant symptoms have gone away now that you have those pills.

sounds yummy Simon. I'm one of those who can burn water so I have enourmous respect for people who can cook. and baking! That's a true art! As for chocolate by email ----the person who can invent a way to "beam me up Scotty" for such things has my OK for a big bonus --- financial meltdown or no :)

OUCH Simon!!!! Hope you are feeling much better now! Your chocolate concoction was mouth watering! Be careful between those sheets now!!! :)

http://www.chocolate.co.uk/

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_heehee.jpg

Jo, Thanks for asking. I had my LTHR in July 08, and have finally come through to the other side where I've had many good days. It hasn't been the hip, it's been my rheumatoid arthritis. Anyhow, I'm so glad you're feeling better.
Alice

Jo, I just found this blog thread. You are amazing! Your posts from the beginning are coherent and grammatically correct. And the descriptions are so perfect it takes me right back to my first few weeks. I had a beautiful solid purple bruise from the point of the tourniquet to my ankle. My OS doesn't do drainage tubes as he feels any hole increases the risk of infection, so I am thinking that is why I had such an impressive bruise.

Are you using a cane when you go out? I found that using a cane or crutch helped others know I needed some space and wasn't 100%... besides the cane was purple and too cool!

Although I haven't been online as much, I think of you daily and lift you up in prayer for comfort, strength, patience, and healing. You are really like the poster child of TKR. I can't get over how well you are doing. As for the "incident" I had some issues with crying, trembling, and such as well. For me it was a side effect of the drugs and sleep issues. Wish I were there to come over and share a cup of tea and some hugs. Until that is possible, know you are loved and prayed for all the time. You are an angel.

God bless and Happy Easter!

Aaww- Skeet! How nice of you. You don't know how precious that is to me - how precious everybody's prayers are to me.

Yes I use a single crutch. I prefer it to a cane but I don't have one now anyway because I gave mine to my sister Pat a while back!

And yes, Karen, Sue is due here sometime soon but don't know the date yet. She said she'd phone me as soon as she knew herself.

Talking of sisters ... I am watching Jo's progress via this forum - as well as
chats on the phone and great to see how well she is doing.

I just thought I would drop by and say Happy Easter to everybody.
ai40.tinypic.com_2hga9fk.gif

And.. as chocolate seems to be a favourite subject I am posting a chocolate
fudge cake recipe that I used to make years ago so that you can all try some.
(Does it need to be moved to another thread?)

Jean

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads