My pages are not refreshing

Jockette

Staff member since March 18, 2018
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
Every time I read a post, and then return to the main list of threads, it still looks like there is a post in the thread I was just in, that is new. I go back and there isn’t.

My pages are not refreshing unless I manually refresh them.

I have left Bonesmart, and typed in Bonesmart.com, and come in on a brand new page, rather than one I’ve bookmarked previously, and it still is not refreshing automatically.

I do not use an app, I always come here using the internet on my phone.

This is since the work was done yesterday. Anybody else?

I noticed the same problem, Jockette. I'll mention it to Mike.

I noticed the same problem,
Oh, good, I had a hard time trying to explain it. I’m glad you knew what I was talking about.

I thought given time it might fix itself, so I waited 24 hours before asking about it.

I expect we are all having this problem---and it is annoying to say the least.

On my laptop, my pages have never refreshed automatically. I have always had to refresh them manually. I thought that was normal, as it's the same for any other web site I visit.

Fernando is on it. But he says this has never been a feature of Xenforo, so he was quite surprised to get the problem report. I know just enough about servers and systems to be really dangerous, but it must somehow have been something that was set up on our previous servers. At any rate, he's looking into it and hopefully he can get the function back. If not, we'll have to determine a workaround. This will make me just as unhappy as it will all of you guys. I used that feature constantly.

Same issue here...

Same, so one can only assume everyone is experiencing this...

I have heard back from our tech team and I have good news :) :-) (: and bad news :gaah:.

The good news is that the folks we work with were able to determine that this situation was something with the server operation. It was a process in place under our previous contractor, Linode, that is not in place now that we've moved our server support to ToDo10. It has nothing to do with Xenforo at all.

The bad news is it is a very inefficient setup for a web operation that results in poor usage of server resources and bandwidth. For whatever reason, our old server was set up in this nice (for us) way and our new server is set up in a way that maximizes these resources we pay for. As we continue to grow and move more of our activity to the website from the forum, efficiency of server operations will be an even more critical factor.

So, this means that the feature is gone and will not return. Instead, if you want to go back to an index page that lists all the read and unread threads, you will need to use one of these procedures:

* If you're looking at New Posts, Click on the NewPosts link at either the top or bottom of the screen. This will refresh the index page to show only unread threads.

* If you're working from an index page for one of the forums, you can click on the link to that forum in the navbar. That will refresh the index page to show only unread threads.

* You can click on the breadcrumbs at the top or bottom of the page which will refresh the index page to show only unread threads (probably the easiest thing to do). This is the "breadcrumbs" at the top of the page. It shows the menu path for the index page you're viewing:

upload_2019-7-8_17-40-44.png

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back