My MRI results anyone have similar?

Cecropia

graduate
Country
United States United States
Fraying of left acetabular labrum with small degenerative tear superimposed over left hip arthritis as described.
No evidence of acute osseous fracture or dislocation.
Arthritic change of left hip joint is seen with subchondral cystic change and edema more prominent along the acetabular side. There is chondomalacia noted.
There is fraying seen of anterior superior acetabular labrum with small tear. Small joint fluid is seen minimally asymmetrically prominent as compared to contralateral side.
No findings to suggest avascular necrosis are noted.
Degenerative changes of visualized lower lumbar spine are noted.
The soft tissues grossly appear unremarkable without any evidence of muscle tear or fluid collection.

I did lift my cement bird bath cover up onto the bottom a week ago and felt something strain at the joint space, this happened after my MRI, so now concerned I did pull something out of whack, but EMG was normal and good this morning for nerve damage.

Tomorrow will have lots of questions for my OS.

Anybody have anything like this without bone on bone and still have some cartilage? I am over obsessing, sorry.

Hi Ceropia,
I have a similar MRI report, had an injection two weeks ago, it has helped a lot. Finally I can sleep through the night.
I have some pain and discomfort from time to time, it does not last long.
My OS is suggesting injections as the first line. When they no longer help he mentioned a labrum repair. My feeling is a THR will be a better option, as the arthritis is going to progress and eventually lead to a THR anyway.

The injection was much less than I had agonized over, I was in and out in about 10 minutes. If you surgeon suggests an injection, give it a try.

Hi pumpkin, I had one injection, not steroid, but it was a test to just numb the inside hip joint, then he retested my pain levels to see if they were gone, but I still had some pain and also felt a little better too, so was confusing. It is a test to see if the pain is in the hip or outside of the hip I guess. He tried again 2 weeks later but this time just a small dose of steroid. It seemed a touch better, I went straight to the grocery store and got my groceries while I could walk some. It only lasted a couple days but he said it was just a small amount to see what would happen. I feel the same way you do, I dont want arthroscopy done. He also said at my age and with arthritis he would not recommend it either, rather get the total replacement, because some people he has sent to have it that wanted it end up back in a short period of time needing a THR. Tomorrow I see him again, am anxious and nervous at the same time. I'm glad the injections are helping you. I heard if you have them you need to wait 3 months after to have surgery and yet I've also heard that is not true. Hummmm.... Did your surgeon mention that at all?

I heard if you have them you need to wait 3 months after to have surgery and yet I've also heard that is not true. Hummmm.... Did your surgeon mention that at all?
Our discussion has not gone past the injection, and seeing how it works. He mentioned the labrum repair, until we see if the injection lasts, that discussion in on hold.
I agree with you and your surgeon, THR is the right decision.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom