TKR My mother had a total knee replacement and I need advice

How is mom today? It’s a very invasive, big surgery. She needs to rest. Her body need to rest. What I did was every time I got up to use the bathroom, I walked around my home. She does need to use the walker. Please don’t push her in a chair. It’s important she use her leg.

Marie

How is mom today? It’s a very invasive, big surgery. She needs to rest. Her body need to rest. What I did was every time I got up to use the bathroom, I walked around my home. She does need to use the walker. Please don’t push her in a chair. It’s important she use her leg.

Marie

she hasn't used the chair since the second day back home, thankfully and then only rarely. I kept it handy the third day just in case she needed to fall back from the walker, but haven't needed to since

she didn't do to bad today. Had a rough afternoon and night last night, but that was partly the weather I think. It was pretty rainy.

Hi
As I’m reading your story, I remember how difficult those first few weeks were. I was limited on what I could take for pain/swelling so ice was my friend (a coworker lent me his ice machine). It was really important to get out of bed, even for short walks to the bathroom or a walk to kitchen for water. I really hadn’t a clue how much pain this surgery entailed.
Everyone‘s recovery is different. My biggest takeaway, after discovering Bonesmart was how hard my pt was pushing exercises that left me in horrible pain.
i finally said I needed to back off, do “gentle” and no more pushing on my leg to “achieve” range of motion. My number was low based on doc and pt.
I’ve learned that a swollen knee, after a traumatic surgery, doesn’t bend easily!
I wish your mom a good night sleep and it does start to ❤️‍ better☺️

Marie

she hasn't used the chair since the second day back home, thankfully and then only rarely. I kept it handy the third day just in case she needed to fall back from the walker, but haven't needed to since

she didn't do to bad today. Had a rough afternoon and night last night, but that was partly the weather I think. It was pretty rainy.
I’ve had both hips & both knees replaced. We had rain here in NH and I still get achy! Glad she’s doing better.

Marie

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom