Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

That's just awful. I'm thinking the med will be out of your system soon, hopefully. I know its rough, hang in there.

Had my infection level checked today since coming off of rifampicin my infection has gone up to 101%.
I remember last time I came off them I had a spike but then came down.
They are now going to do 2 blood tests a week instead of 1.
The alternative is another hostpital stay which I am dreading I have had enough of those.
Certainly wish I hadn't had this done now.
Never again I will have to be wheelchair bound before I have another joint replacement.

I pray that it's just a spike and it will come back down. I know that you are sick of hospitals. Is always the best place to be. I will continue to pray for you. I can't blame you for not ever wanting another joint replacement!

So sorry to hear this, Defender. I hope things settle. Sending you lots of ((((HUGS)))).

My consultant / surgeon appointment has been brought forward to this coming Monday.
Plastic surgeon appointment is still 24th of this month.
Joints are lmproving a lot since I stopped taking rifampacin.
I am praying for some good news surely I am due for some soon.

I agree. I hope good news comes soon for you. I'm glad you post updates to let us know how things are going.

Very disappointed with my appointment.
After waiting one and a half hours I was told my consultant was off ill and unless I was in a lot of pain or had concerns about my infection I may as well go home.
They said they would make another appointment and make sure my consultant was there this will be in three to four weeks.
That would mean I would be over the eight weeks which is when I was expecting to have my knee replaced.
The only good news is my infection is now down to 11.

How aggravating and disappointing. Why didn't they call you and tell you not to come?

I'm glad to hear your numbers are coming down.

Oh my goodness, that is aggravating for sure. I believe I'd be making a call to the manager about this. You should have been notified. But looking for the good is that your number is down - that means its a good day.

That is irritating. Do you still have the appointment with the plastic surgeon on the 24th?

@PegGar16
Yes I still have the appointment this coming Monday with plastic surgeon.
Then with my consultant /surgeon the week after.
Knee certainly swollen last couple of days as I have been more mobile
Nice day yesterday so my wife drove me down to the coast was nice to get some fresh air
Infection level is now 18 which they said it's fine as they often vary a bit.

I bet that was nice. I am in the hot desert temps and really miss the ocean. My numbers are always off if you are referring to the CRP. My new doctor at Mayo was not happy with my numbers last week so had me come back and drew some fluid from the knee. Came back good. They like to be careful with me these days. Are they talking about putting a flap (skin graft) on your knee?

I am seeing the plastic surgeon tomorrow.
No idea how it's going to go
Will post results.

Good luck tomorrow. We'll be waiting to hear from you.

How did your appointment go with the plastic surgeon?

@PegGar16
Appointment was a waste of time to be honest.
Originally it was to see plastic surgeon and my consultant together but that got changed.
Plastic surgeon seemed a bit confused as to why I was there.
He said don't know why the appointment was made as they are there 24 /7 and if needed during an operation it wouldn't be a problem but said looking at how it's healing didn't think it would be needed.
I have an appointment on the 7th August to see my consultant so hope things go better then.
I will be so glad to get rid of this temporary spacer it doesn't feel nice as was mentioned it's like 2 pieces of chalk rubbing together.
I will post my C R P test results the next time I have one.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back