Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

Hi.
Didn't get any sleep last night this pain is unbelievable.
Going to get in touch with the hostpital.
I think the knee has failed.
I now think its never been right
Thats why the swelling didn't go.
Don't know how I am going to get there as I don't think I can get in a car as it doesn't bend at all.
This is turning out to be a catastrophe.

Can you lay across the back seat? Please let us know what you find out. Wear a double face mask and latex gloves, if you can. :prayer:

I got in touch with the hostpital he did a video call wanted to see my knee.
He has put me on a course of antibiotics they don't want to do face to face but said after the course he wants me to get in touch and I may have to go over.
It is slightly better but not as good as it was 2 days ago.
I was walking around the house without sticks now I am back on them
This was the sort of pain I would have expected first week post op not 8 weeks in
I don't know what to think to be honest still getting sharp pains when standing
This really isn't a good time to run into problems they are only running skeleton staff.

I pray you can get to the bottom of this and feel better quickly.

I hope the antibiotic will help, I’m glad you were able to have a video call.

I am going to call the hostpital today.
Still getting really intense pain that shoots up to my hip.
I can't stand / put any weight on it whatever could have gone wrong could it be nerves Or a problem with the joint.
I am shattered with sleepless nights and pain since February 12

I'm so sorry to read about the problems you're having still. I hope you get some answers and relief soon. Take care and let us know how you get on.

I have called the hostpital and they are going to get back to me.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks he called me back and basically said I have only been on antibiotics for a small amount of time.
I told him I can't get a good bend as the pain was too bad he understands that.
When I said I had a total knee replacement 2 years ago he said as many on have no 2 knee's are the same even on the same person.
So there I am it's totally worn me out getting a couple of hours of sleep on and off.
So basically he wants me to call him back after I have finished the course. :boohoo:

Try to ice and rest as much as you can, that will give the antibiotics to work. I'm so sorry you didn't get a more positive response from the hospital.

Try to ice and rest as much as you can, that will give the antibiotics to work. I'm so sorry you didn't get a more positive response from the hospital.
Thanks I can understand why they don't want to do a face to face but j don't seen to getting anywhere.
Yes I am elevating and icing and walking when necessary that's all I can do.
So depressing.

Knee still very swollen which as many have said is why I still can't get a bend
There is a red patch that is very sore to touch it was darker like a bruise. But now it is red and tender to touch.

20200409_102608.jpg

Did you send this photo to your doctor?

No I did tell him that I had a red place on the side of my knee which was sore to touch.
He is basically saying to give him an update after my antibiotics course.

How long is your antibiotic course?

I think you should try to send him that photo.

It looks like a bruise between the red spot and the incision. Has that been there since the surgery?

It looks like a bruise between the red spot and the incision. Has that been there since the surgery?
If was dark like a bruise but that part is more red now
It's only tender if I press on it

Just an update for my diary.
No improvement I can only get 50 to 60 degree bend at best then it's too painfull.
To put full weight on it hurts.
Still very swollen.
Can't do a straight leg lift anymore.
This is so depressing now and as things are at the moment there is nothing I can do about the situation
It's now playing with my head as to what has gone wrong and how this is all going to end.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back