• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Knee Infection* My Knee Revision Journey (2 stage)

judgar

Country
United States United States
Iam sorry but can someone tell me what a clam shell is..

newlybionic

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I’m sorry to hear about your infection. I too had an infection in my knee after a replacement. I had a PICC line too and administered antibiotics through it and after they were done took oral antibiotics. I had a second surgery on the knee to clean it out. I hope your infection is cleared up with the antibiotics and you can continue your recovery.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @LDB63 - and :welome:to recovery again.

Please will you tell us the full date of your revision knee replacement, when and how the infection was diagnosed, and which knee it is, so we can add those dates to your signature for you? Thank you.:flwrysmile:

Did you have the Revision and then develop an infection in the newly revised joint? That's rotten luck. I'm so sorry it happened.

It sounds to me as if the early pain and swelling in your knee was also caused by infection, rather than by a loose implant.

My advice... if you can't do a clam shell - you may have a loose prosthetic - Big Swell Events - it may be caused by a loose prosthetic.
As we told you earlier in this thread, clam shells are never a suitable exercise for a new knee. We recommend never doing them until much, much later in recovery, if at all.

I'm starting a new thread to post updates from this Bacteria thing.
You didn't need to start a new thread for the Revision. In fact, it's better if you keep your entire history about your knee in this one thread, so I've merged the two threads together.

You might like to change the title of your thread, though. If you do, just tell us what title you'd like and we'll change it for you.

Last edited:

Pumpkln

Country
They're just treating the infection..
Your OS and infection doctor (ID) will know wether you need further surgery or a different approach.
@KarriB 's Infection was also treated with just antibiotics, she is doing well several years later.

Be sure an infection doctor is treating your case, if not insist on a consultation.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
knee2hip
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom