Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

My knee is one today!! What a year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe

It has been one year since my RTKR! The year flew by and it certainly has had it's ups and downs. My husband was hospitalized (for the first time in our 23 year marriage) and diagnosed with a lung condition called sarcoidosis shortly after my surgery. He is doing better now and being closely monitored by pulmonary doctors. We lost my Mom last summer at age 68 after a two year brave battle with the effects of a major stroke along with other health issues. My father in law passed away the week before Thanksgiving at age 84 after a courageous battle with cancer.

Through it all, my "new knee' stayed strong though possibly not as flexible as I would like it to be! Several times I wondered if maybe I should have had a manipulation (not like when I feel down the bleachers at my nephew's football game this past Fall!) to see if I could get more ROM but It feels strong, I walk normally, and I do not live in fear of it giving out at any time. I am getting used to the occasional stiffness, IT band pain, uncomfortable kneeling,and I can stand for a six hour shift at the deli I work at and not have any pain!

This forum has been a great place for me to read and gather info and see how others are doing in the recovery! Thank you all. Here's hoping 2010 is a happy and healthy one for all of us!!

MOE:wink:

ship4

graduate
Country
United States United States
Congrats to you! It sounds like you are moving on and living life again! Enjoy!

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well, looky here! It's Moe! Glad you dropped by and even gladder you have such a great (knee) report. Sad about all the other things but at least you had two good legs to stand on, eh?

Happy New Year to you too, my dear!

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
Hi, Moe!!! So great to hear from you and to know that your one-year-old knee is doing well. I am sorry to hear all you have been dealing with in this past year. God bless you, hon.....you are so strong. I hope this year you get some time for YOU.

Happy Birthday Knee!! I hope you had some cake to celebrate! so nice to hear those success stories-stories of normalacy...gives the rest of us still floundering in the recovery phase something to look forward to! Sorry to hear about your losses this year.

backbay38

graduate
Moe-- my one year old knee wishes yours a really good year 2 ahead!!! Too bad your first year came with so much sadness but let's hope year 2 will be filled with all the good things that a TKR can bring !
Stephani

Texas

alpha
Hey Moe congrats Im glad your knee is doing well and i wish the best for you and your husband.you have def had your share enough right...i hope you all have a great year.......)

OP
OP
M

moe

Thank you everyone for the good wishes!! Here's hoping year 2 is a good one. :thmb:

MOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Decadeofbliss
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom