TKR My Journey

Good luck!
When I had IV antibiotics I was hospitalised- but that was for generalised septicaemia. I think you may be able to get a special line inserted so that you can have IVs more easily. But those members who have had joint infection would be better able to check it.

It needs to be checked ASAP. It could be Cellulitis, of the skin, which also needs antibiotics or an infection in the joint. I'm not sure if a joint infection wouldn't be more localised than that, around the joint area, I'm not sure not haven't seen one. The fact the suture line is weeping is worrying. Please get it checked, Take care. xx

Sorry to see that you are having a hiccup when all was going so well, do so hope it’s not too serious. Good luck with your checkup

I'm glad you're seeing your doctor tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes. Be sure and get lots of rest, along with icing and elevating your knee.

Hopefully you are at your doctors today and getting help for that leg. Please update when you can, we care about you!

Any time redness like that, heat, or swelling occur rapidly…especially if you have not done any activity out of the ordinary….you need to immediately get seen by either your surgeon or an Emergency Room doctor is needed as soon as possible. It could be cellulitis, which is a type of infection, but not the same as a joint infection. Please try not to worry. Things like this are usually very treatable, especially when caught early. Please let us know how things go with your surgeon.

Lying here in my hospital room at 4:30 in the morning after a sleepless night. When I was at my appointment yesterday afternoon and the surgeon, PA, and NP all came in together I knew it was not good. Surgeon is going in today to clean out the infection and see how extensive it is. We’re hoping it doesn’t involve the implant but he won’t know until he gets in there. Trying to stay positive but it not easy.

I'm sorry you are going through this but on the positive side, your medical team is taking good care of you and you are in the right place for now.
Sending you all the good thoughts and prayers.

I am praying for you and that you have a successful outcome. I'm glad this was caught early.

Good Morning,
I am sorry to read this news, but you’re in the right place and in good hands.
Best Wishes, you’ll be in the thoughts of many here, hoping for the best.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort. :prayer:
@FourCats

Glad it got sorted quickly.

Sending prayers, @FourCats :praying: . I'm glad you got yourself in right away and can get this taken care of. Keep us posted! I'm tagging @Catalien45 in case she's still around. She dealt with an infection and clean out and can maybe offer support.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having to deal with this, but happy that your doctors are taking good care of you. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us informed as you're able. :praying:

Praise God that the infection was superficial and did not involve bone or prosthetics. OS did culture and the results will determine the antibiotics needed.

Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Good Morning, @FourCats
Hope you're doing well today. Are you home, or still in the hospital?
If you're not home yet, I wish you safe travels and a good day! :SUNsmile:

Still in hospital, possibly home tomorrow if everything can be arranged that I’ll need.

Infection is MSSA and doesn’t appear to have involved the bone. Will be on IV antibiotics for at least four weeks at home then continue on oral for an extended period. PICC line will be put in place tomorrow.

Lots of anxiety at the moment.

Good luck! Hope you get home tomorrow and all goes well with the PICC line.

You are in the best place and are getting the best treatment. Thank God the implant isn't involved!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back