TKR My Journey

I bet your knee feels much better after getting those staples out. Mine sure did!

My OS uses glue. There were stitches inside of the incision but they dissolve.

My OS uses glue. There were stitches inside of the incision but they dissolve
I had glue as well. Wonder what influences the decision to use glue/ staples or stitches. My scar is pretty short- under 4 inches probably because it was a partial. Maybe that is easier to glue together?

Oh, the zingers have begun! I had forgotten how “electrifying“ they are! The first one hit and I yelled so loud all four cats went running for cover!

The first one hit and I yelled so loud all four cats went running for cover!
Oh, I hated those things! My leg would actually jump sometimes when they hit. Add that pain to the surgical pain and the zingers and I had tears in my eyes! Thank God, they don't hang around too long!

I am a cat woman, too. I have five. At the time of my TKR, I had 13. I'm in the country and I think people would just drop them off and they'd find me. I just can't turn a hungry kitty away! It's amazing how caring for those 13 kitties really helped my recovery. I had to feed and water them and clean out the litter boxes. That was my natural PT and all part of my daily activities. I was blessed to have a neighbor help me the first week, but after that, I was pretty much on my own. It's amazing what we can do when we have to do it!

was able to get out and mow the yard this morning. Not bad for three weeks out!
That sounds remarkable- just don't overdo it!

Wow, cutting the grass at three weeks out??! I hope you make out OK

Another step in the journey … trip to the grocery store for a few items. 25 minute drive each way and spent about 15 minutes in the store. Tired but will ice and rest this afternoon.

Preparing for appointment with PCP on Wednesday which is an hour’s drive. But will need to stop halfway for gas so that will give me a stretch break.

Of course you should celebrate that.
Happy Two year Anniversary!
We'll have a virtual celebration with you. :cheers: Have a wonderful weekend!
@FourCats

Happy One Month Anniversary!
Good news you're feeling ahead this recovery. May it only get better!
Have a nice day!
@FourCats

The weather here has been absolutely perfect and I’ve been doing work in an overgrown flower bed. Anyone want to join me on the ODIC bench?

Ha! No thanks, been there and done that and would have a cupboard full of t shirts. You seem to be doing very well, I’m glad to see. So good to feel that you’ve achieved something, even if it puts you out for a few days, I found.

Six week check tomorrow with OS and the timing is good as my knee has swelled up, turned hot and red, and has a spot that is weeping (I have chronic venous insufficiency). This happened over the course of 24 hours and I did nothing out of the ordinary. I’m terrified that it is infected.

For those of you who have tackled an infection and needed IV antibiotics, were they done at your home, or did you have to go to a medical facility? The reason I ask is that I live in a rural area and the closest hospital is 30 minutes away. If that is where I have to go, I’m praying my driving is not restricted because I have no way to get there if I’m not able to drive myself.

I’m attaching a picture I took today and will keep you posted after my appointment tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3561.jpeg
    IMG_3561.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 70

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties