TKR My Journey

The one week away anxiety is surfacing her unwelcome traits. Reminding myself to stay busy.

Hi FourCats,
Tomorrow is your big day. Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and smooth recovery.
Hope to hear from you soon!
@FourCats

Thanks @Layla. Surgery is scheduled for 2:30 this afternoon so I have lots of anxious minutes ahead. i will check in after I get home, probably tomorrow.

:prayer: for a successful surgery for you and with less pain!

Good news! Thanks for letting us know. Thankfully your pain is minimal and hopefully tolerable.
I hope you're able to rest comfortably and get lots of sleep.
All the best to you!
@FourCats

Surgery at 2:30 last Thursday, home around noon on Friday. Already have decent ROM and very minimal pain/discomfort. I’ve only taken three rx pain pills; doing well with acetaminophen every 7-8 hours. Home PT scheduled to begin tomorrow. My sister just left after being with me over the past few days; she’s my stronghold.

What a good recovery you are having so far. Don't let PT set that good recovery back with too aggressive PT. Just gentle movements are all you need.

Post op shot

Attachments

• 863FCEED-03E8-4503-8417-DE7C8B8F9006.jpeg
    863FCEED-03E8-4503-8417-DE7C8B8F9006.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 52
Oh yeah...a fresh incision and a sign that brighter days are on the way! :SUNsmile:
Happy Monday, FourCats!
@FourCats

Woohoo! :yay:
You're doing great, FourCats! Glad you're happy with your recovery. Keep it up.
@FourCats

PT going well. No pain meds since Sunday afternoon. No walker or cane needed except if outside. Overall, very pleased right now.
Wow, that's awesome! So glad things are going well for you so far. :flwrysmile:

Things continue to go well almost two weeks post-op. Appointment on Thursday for staple removal … all 48 of them.

My RLS has intensified and I was quick to blame the surgical trauma. My medication doesn’t seem to be helping at all. I’ve been doing some educating of myself and found some interesting information on the RLS website regarding what they call augmentation. Apparently the class of medication I take can begin to feed the disease which causes it to worsen. I have an appointment with my PCP in a couple of weeks and plan to discuss this with her. Some of the discoveries that have been made in recent years is very interesting. Perhaps the most interesting information is that one of the doctors for which the disease is named recorded the symptoms in the 1700s!

Good to hear that you are doing so well so soon, you must be so relieved.
RLS is horrible. I’ve had it in my legs, mainly in the run up to menopause, but now mostly in my shoulders. Impossible to sleep when it strikes. Gabapentin works for me, but I only take it when it’s bad. Sounds like you have developed a tolerance for your meds, hopefully a change can be found for you.

@Ghostpipe how long have you been taking gabapentin? It seems to be the preferred treatment now and I think it is likely because the other class of meds are the issue with augmentation. I’ve been on ropinirole (requip) for at least 12 years and I think it’s time to change.

I’ve been taking it for a couple of years, but only when the wretched RLS keeps me awake. It makes me sleepy too, so serves a double purpose.

Staples out! Next appointment will be six week follow up with surgeon. Needless to say, I’m pooped! I’m planning to take a pain pill just to help me relax.

My RLS has intensified and I was quick to blame the surgical trauma. My medication doesn’t seem to be helping at all. I’ve been doing some educating of myself and found some interesting information on the RLS website regarding what they call augmentation. Apparently the class of medication I take can begin to feed the disease which causes it to worsen. I have an appointment with my PCP in a couple of weeks and plan to discuss this with her. Some of th
Glad getting the staples out went well. Sorry about your RLS. I have heard it is a miserable experience. Hope your appointment to sort out the meds goes well.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom