TKR Back again in 2021 ☺

@dogwalker I did the same just put in a call and managed to get a repeat tramadol prescription without having to see a doc.

Had a really good day yesterday and today. Had to go into town today to pay in 2 work-related cheques and walked up the high st to the chemist. Yay!! Had a quick lunch at my parents and back home 3hrs later. Felt very tired, but having read the energy drain I was not surprised. Iced and elevated Katy knee and slept for 2hrs. Feeling good, but that is it for today, getting a takeaway tonight. There is life after TKR!!!!
Amazing that, for the first time in at least 10 years I am walking WITHOUT a limp !!

Katy Knee is now officially 3 complete weeks old. Hurrah. At what point do you think it would be advisable to start simple ROM home exercises, paying due attention to the "no pain, more gain" approach of course.? End of week 4, 5 or 6 ??

At what point do you think it would be advisable to start simple ROM home exercises, paying due attention to the "no pain, more gain" approach of course.? End of week 4, 5 or 6 ??
Many of us did NO exercises. One of those was me. I rehabbed my knee just by using it in my daily life. I was alone and had the 'normal' household and yard work to do. All these things were exercises. You don't need to do anything special, just use your knee as it allows you to do without pain or extra swelling.

After yesterday's excitemenypts I expected a bad night. But no, I slept from 12.30 to 6.30. Katy knee very stiff on waking but loosened up well. Can now come up stairs one foot per step but I am slow and careful and limit myself to doing that every alternate time that I use the stairs. Went down foot over foot last night, scary but ok. That will do for today though!!

Woohoo! Such progress! Who knew we could get so excited about a trip up the stairs? lol

I'm going to have to completely relearn that. It's been years since my left knee participated in stairs.

Well done, that's great and glad you are continuing to do well! I am day 12 postop but haven't got the bend to do stairs 'normally' yet. Congrats on sleeping well too, that is such a huge help in our recovery progress!

I have got really, really hypersensitive skin under and directly to the side of my kneecap, above the compression sock line. Wow it is sensitive. Is it realigning nerves or something. Doing gentle rubbing, but any other ideas??

@Benay - yes, I am pleased with the stairs. Still slow and steady but gets a fraction easier each time. How are you doing with regard to pain meds?

@tabbykit - I was at day 21 when I hit the stairs milestone and you are only day 12 so don't worry about the stairs yet! How are your pain levels?

I spoke too soon about the sleeping, only slept from 2am - 7am last night!

Great triumph today though. Took the dogs for a 20 minute walk this morning. Gosh it felt good to do that again. Dogs were pleased too!! Came back and rested, elevated and iced for 2 hours. Katy knee happy so far.......

Well, decided to halve my 3 doses of ibuprofen and stickvwith that until next Wednesday (start of week 5) and then cut them out all together which will leave me with 4 × 1000mg paracetamol only. Tried a codeine a couple of days ago, but spent rest of day woozy and very nauseous so will just have to manage without. I expect I will be doing lots of icing....

@dogwalker2 I take one Tramadol at night to help me sleep as the pain is uncomfortable through the night. Sometimes/usually just 2 Tylenol in the morning. But this morning I haven't taken anything. I'll see how it goes.

@dogwalker2 took 2 Tylenol late afternoon, knee was sore. Think I'll stick with 2 first thing in the morning. Too soon for cold turkey.

Reading through some other threads I have a question. I take 4× 1000mg paracetamol (tylenol) a day and have now reduced my anti-inflammatory to 3× 200mg ibuprofen (with an additional stomach protector) a day, Some seem to advocate coming off anti-inflammatories asap whilst others say they really help. So now I am undecided. Am I overmedicating, should I cut out the ibuprofen or go back to the 3×400mg ibuprofen that I left hospital with ??????

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom