• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

TKR My journey to recovery<

Rockgirl4

graduate
Country
United States United States
I've noticed the skin right along my incision keeps flaking off every 2-3 days.I'm moisturizing and being careful not shave over it in the shower, but it still keeps flaking. I told myself this morning it must mean things are still healing and good things are going on inside there. :)

OP
OP
D

dogwalker2

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Way to go Bonesmart !!! Just been for my 6 week PT assessment. ROM as follows: flexion 110, extension+2. Only the 2nd PT I have had, explained bonesmart philosophy, PT lady totally agreed, delighted with my numbers and getting back to all my usual ADLs, Seeing OS tomorrow, hopefully will be signed off to drive. Only a little swelling left now, she reckons when that goes I will be down to 0 extension no problem. Next discussion will be when to have right tkr, OS was suggesting Sept or January, but not sure I am mentally ready for that yet!!!!
@sistersinhim, @Jockette, @Josephine, @Rockgirl4, @lisabl, @Celle and everyone else too !!!!

snowdrop

Country
Canada Canada
Wowzers! Your recovery is amazing! This is such encouraging news to those of us that are behind you! Bonesmart philosophy is definitely the way to go, and it’s great to hear that PT is in agreement with that. Your OS will be pleased with your progress tomorrow :thumb:

OP
OP
D

dogwalker2

Country
Just had my 6week appointment with my OS. He is delighted with ROM and my x-rays. Can drive again (yippee). No PT unless I want to request some. His advice was go and use your knee, but listen to it as it will tell you when it has had enough. Can build up dog walks gradually. Will keep an eye on my weight, I have lost 1stone since op and will aim to only put half back on!! Will go back and see him in 6 months for check up. Discussed right tkr and he agrees April wd be good. Feeling great. Thanks to all here on bonesmart xxxx

OP
OP
D

dogwalker2

Country
Hi all. Back to physio for my end of week 8 assessment. She was very pleased that flexion now 110 to 115 degrees and extension now 0 degrees. I explained I only do about 5mins exercise a day, the rest is all ADLs - there are a lot of ADLs when you have a busy 13 year old and 2 dogs!! Have cut painkillers down to 2×1000mg paracetamol day and am aiming to be down to 1×1000mg in a few weeks. Knee can be a bit stiff sometimes, but soon loosens up. I managed to walk down a fairly steep little woodland path today, which was impossible for at least the last six months before my tkr. Pleased with my progress. At the early stages I never thought I would get to this point, so take heart all of you struggling through the early weeks. It really does get better. Xx

OP
OP
D

dogwalker2

Country
Joy - at last the super sensitive area on the medial side of my knee has stopped being so ridiculously sensitive. That is a great relief. It is still a bit sensitive to touch but I can now have the bedclothes touch it and wear jeans again!

sistersinhim

Country
United States United States
:yahoo::yay:What a wonderful recovery you are having. The Bonesmart way really works!

OP
OP
D

dogwalker2

Country
It certainly does!! Plus many thanks for all the advice and support i received here!! Wishing you all a good recovery x

OP
OP
D

dogwalker2

Country
Have had 2 absolutely manic busy days as it is my daughter's 13th birthday today!! Been on my feet for hours and doing way too much. Am icing poor Katy knee and have taken a couple of paracetamol tabs. So pleased that i was able to do it all though! I was able to walk around clothes shopping with her for a good few hours without my stick yesterday, plus clean house and cater for 13 at the family party today - this tkr has really made me feel years younger!! Long may it continue!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanneyLou
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom