THR My journey, if only I had known<

sounds like you are doing really well now. Good luck in your return to work when you go back in a couple weeks. I too love the pool and love how I feel in there and when I get out. So nice your OS and boss are so supportive.
best of luck!

Has anyone else had this surreal moment, almost “out of body” when it is hard to believe that you have even had this whole experience:
So many times! And how jarring it is when you realize the blessing you've been given.

You go easy on yourself going back to work! Hugs! :console2:

That is so cool, Sarah! @Fit4Family The beautiful thing about gratitude is it blesses both giver and receiver alike. Keeping track of the accomplishments is such a perfect way of keeping perspective and smoothing out those rough days. Have a great rest of your weekend. Pat:roseshwr:

I feel grateful and in awe often about all kinds of little accomplishments. The first two weeks I was absolutely euphoric. My husband & son also tear up when they see me accomplish things I haven't been able to do in years. I can hardly wait to see the other kids reactions in June when I go out to visit. But here on the forum, we get support for all our little things that "normal" people don't think of. Most people were 2 years old the last time they got a crowd dancing and clapping when they went poo :rotfl:

Wishing you more than three hours sleep tonight :yawn: :sleep:
Have a great week!
@Hip4life

Thanks Hip4life. I was very good about elevating and icing during the recoveries of my TKRs. I had a machine that wrapped my feet and ankles during those recoveries and would prefer that to compression stockings but I'm using a different OS. I also had a lovely icing machine that I used for 4 plus hours a day. I have my ice packs ready for this time.

Sleep truly is magical! @Hip4life I’m still trying to sleep more than 2 at a time. All connected I get enough, but very broken still.

Speaking of magical moments. Went shopping for garden plants alone twice this past week. Wonderful to have no one rushing me. Money saving too, as I only have one free hand to grab things.

@Fit4Family It's amazing how much we appreciate all the little things again (as well as the big.) I feel there was a little divine intervention that allowed us to recover and rehab in the beautiful spring weather. ❤️

Hello @Hip4life Nice to see you pop up here. I agree that it was a little Devine intervention. The weather pulls me out every day to work on recovery. Hope you are doing well. ❤️

I am hanging in there @Fit4Family. I have my physical competency test tomorrow that my facility requires after a medical leave. My back to work date is May 28. Not 100% so there is some trepidation but this forum has been very supportive about that being pretty much the way it rolls. Looks like it’s back to a new normal. I am trying to enjoy my last week of “freedom.” :heehee:

Good luck on your physical competency test tomorrow.
You were fortunate in having three months off. Many aren't as blessed.
Hopefully you'll be able to put your feet up after work and get any rest you need. I imagine it will be an adjustment. Wishing you all the best as you contemplate returning.
Have a great holiday weekend!
@Hip4life

Thank you @Layla. I have been blessed in so many ways, not the least of which is a boss who gets it and pays it forward. She will definitely keep me from overdoing it. Not too many people can say that. Have a wonderful holiday weekend, as well. I’ll keep you posted. Peace and blessings.

Good luck on your physical competency test tomorrow @Hip4life I am sure you are nervous. Hope you can ease in and not experience any setbacks. You have done everything right to let your body have time to heal. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for tomorrow.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who would like to chime in.
1. How long did/does your OS want you to follow hip precautions.
2. If ongoing, as much as possible, like mine, how does one pick up larger, heavier objects?

Hi @Hip4life
I experienced Posterior approach and my OS didn't prescribe any precautions. I was only cautioned to move slowly and if anything hurt, STOP.
I'm wondering what you're meaning by larger heavier objects....how large, how heavy?
I'm sure you'll get a lot of feedback from other members.

I want to thank you for your kind, thoughtful and supportive messages to many here. I've enjoyed reading your responses to others.

I hope you have a lovely day!

I was given 6 weeks of precautions for 90 degree bend and twisting. Nothing else - no specific mention of lifting. My precautions "expire" on Monday!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom