TKR My journey begins - LTKR October 4

I couldn’t get my wedding ring off either, my finger swelled up so bad with trying to get it off, trying all the things you did. At my pre op joint class the nurse told me they could just tape it, but I figured with as tight as it was, I better get it resized. It rarely felt tight, it seems like my finger never gained any weight in that spot. I’d been wearing it for 41 years. So, like you, I had a jeweler cut it off. We had had our wedding rings engraved inside with the date and our initials, and I was thrilled that the cut did not interfere with any of the writing! (Thank you, Lord!) It has been resized and now I take it off regularly, since I can, so I can keep it cleaner when baking, or painting, or whatever.

I couldn’t get my wedding ring off either, my finger swelled up so bad with trying to get it off, trying all the things you did. At my pre op joint class the nurse told me they could just tape it, but I figured with as tight as it was, I better get it resized. It rarely felt tight, it seems like my finger never gained any weight in that spot. I’d been wearing it for 41 years. So, like you, I had a jeweler cut it off. We had had our wedding rings engraved inside with the date and our initials, and I was thrilled that the cut did not interfere with any of the writing! (Thank you, Lord!) It has been resized and now I take it off regularly, since I can, so I can keep it cleaner when baking, or painting, or whatever.
It’s funny how that works. I don’t feel like my hands gained any weight either. I’m coming up on 25 years and I think the last time I had it off was when I had my right knee arthroscopy, which was about 6 years ago. I remember having difficulty getting it off then, but it still came off. I don’t think it’s been off more than a half dozen times over 25 years. Now that I’m getting it resized I’ll probably also take it off more regularly.

This is what a finger looks like after not taking off a wedding ring for years at a time.

41628F0B-A62F-4B75-9144-D823D1B680CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s mine, before I went to get it cut off:

9EF48DAF-3131-4E34-9DC7-977ADC07C197.jpeg

Well, here we go. Less than 48 hours from now I will have crossed the bridge over to the recovery side, so this is likely my last post on the pre-op side. It is very, very real now and I’m ready to go. Tomorrow I’m going to try to keep myself as busy as possible to keep my mind off of it. As a small business owner with a staff of 30, a lot of people will be trying to get a piece of my mindshare tomorrow, so that will help. I think they are well prepared for life without the boss for a month or so. I still will have to do important things like payroll from home while I’m out, but I can keep those tasks to a minimum and mostly focus on recovery for a while.

My wife and I have been going for nightly walks. Last night I felt pretty good and pushed it a bit. We walked maybe a mile and a half, and fairly briskly. Tonight I paid for it and was in quite a bit of pain after about a quarter mile, so we cut it short. That only goes to reinforce the fact that I need the surgery, despite the occasional good day. Everything hurts right now, including my other knee, my hips, back, ankles, all I think from limping.

So I will see you all on the other side as soon as I feel up to posting.

Almost there, @panammaniac !

Be sure to start a new thread in the Knee Recovery Forum when you are feeling up to it so we can help you through your recovery.

Look forward to hearing from you on the other side. :SUNsmile:

Wishing you the best in your surgery today . lts a little funny , all the preparations and stuff and all of a sudden your wheeled into the surgery room and then out ! Wake up hours later and it's all over ! Good luck to you today !

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom