My experience......so far....

Glad you found BoneSmart--this place saved my somewhat tenuous sanity more than once!

Camping at 5 weeks....wow! I was barely starting to sleep at that point, and was still screaming when trying to do a full cycle on the bike.

Do please remember to ice and elevate--that seems to be the easiest thing to forget.

Please let us know how it went?

Weey

Thanks, I will!

We don't go until Aug 8th so it's still another 2 weeks. I will be 6 weeks post-op when we go. I'll keep you all posted!

Remember your knee should be elevated higher than your heart---if you are lying down it will be on three pillow, for instance. Just keeping it level on a campstool is not enough to handle the swelling. Kelly

I'll be at 5 weeks post-op on Monday and today I noticed the pain has come down another notch or two. During PT this week on Wed I was 107 and Friday I was at 114. Friday I was in more pain that usual and wondered if it was due to this new ROM I had achieved so quickly. I didn't overdo anything, just did my exercises just like my PT said I should. My "good" knee measured 120 so I think that is the goal for the right knee. Very close now!!! Closer to not needing the vicodin and to driving! :D Today I took Tylenol instead of vicodin at noon and did my exercises just fine. Icing and elevating now......

Good for you, Susie!!! You're coming right along....

Well, you know what they say about 2 steps forward, 1 step back? That is soooo true. I only substituted one dose of vicodin for tylenol yesterday, because I was feeling so good. Otherwise I kept to my every 4-5 hour regime. Had pain, stiffness and soreness last night. It could just be the usual nighttime annoyance but I also remember digging my heel into the mattress to shift positions and had a sharp pain in my right knee. It feels alright now this morning, but it's telling me to not get too ahead of myself. There's still a lot of healing to go.

I even thought I might try driving yesterday but I'm glad I didn't. I don't think I'm quite ready yet. I might try tomorrow to drive my son to his piano teacher's, they only live a few blocks away.

Susie, I certainly do not advise you driving at this point. You are on pain medications which affect your reaction time. And you do not have the muscle strength or lack of pain to fully react to an emergency situation. Please don't do this until your surgeon releases you to drive. You would never forgive yourself if you had an accident...especially with your precious son on board! It's not worth it to push this.

You are right, Jamie. I just get over confident sometimes like everybody else does and I think I am superwoman......:wink:

I will not drive if I'm still taking vicodin.......

I understand....we all do it!!! You have MUCH company!

Susie...great progress!! Of course you know if you should be pulled over, you would be DUI (driving under the influence)...could lose your liscense (can't spell this word)!:ch-w:

I know, which is why I'm not ready yet. I have these flashes of idiocy where I think I can and then I wise up.

Knee hurts tonight, BTW, went out to visit my mom in the adult family home, then we took our son out to birthday dinner at Red Mill Burgers in Seattle and went to see Inception (excellent movie!). I was fine until the car ride home. Now I'm stiff and sore. Think I'll take an extra pain pill before bed, which will be any minute!

I brought my instant ice packs along today, 2 of them. They do ok, not as cold as ice and don't last as long but they'll do in a pinch.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom