PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Your back/hip/leg sound(s) painful @Jockette. I hope you are getting better.

Always good to have an MD check out such things?

There’s a tendon that runs from the spine through the hip (!) and down the outside of the leg. Aggravating/spraining this is known as Enthesitis. Common in women over 40 who increase the frequency and/or amount of activity, especially walking. I have experienced this and a simple x-ray put my mind at rest that there was nothing wrong with my hip joint or pelvic bone.

I’m now taking 10000mcg of biotin at the advice of my OS to improve tendon health.

Hope you improve soon.

I am feeling better today. No need for an X-ray at this point. :happydance:

@CricketHip I checked out this article from the Bonesmart library, and I guarantee there is no way my body will be able to do any of those stretches. :yikes:

I will try to be careful and hope for the best. If the problem gets worse I’ll call the massage therapist.

So, guess, guess what!!! :spin::dancy:

It’s a little cooler today so I wore Capri jeans to go shopping. They come down a few inches below my knee and are a slim design, though not tight.

My drama queen knee did not scream with the capris touching it, like it has before. My knee let me know the capris were there, but it was under control.

This is absolutely a huge step forward for me! :wowspring:

For those of you who don’t know my history, this is not the incision reacting, but something deep inside the knee, that reacts to anything touching it.

Is it possible that I might actually have a more “normal” knee somewhere in the future? It’s only been 2.5 years since my partial (the one promoted to have a more natural feel, since 2 out of 3 knee compartments are my natural ones.)

I did shop in Walmart for over 2 hours, and my knee was not the part of my body that said it was past time to go home, it was my bad foot and my lower back.

Amazing!!! :wowspring:

And a 2+ hour shopping trip in the morning, followed by bowling a couple hours later, was not the best of ideas. :doh: It will be a quiet evening. I wish KFC delivered!

That is wonderful news! I love to hear that your knee is finally being a good girl!

Just wanted to say hi and report that my knee is still about the same, but I’m thankful it isn’t any worse!

And our holiday smileys are back, so enjoy!! It’s the little things, right?

:xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:

That’s great news @Jockette. I have a question about the new layout of the site. At the end of someone’s post on the old site their surgeries were listed as part of their signature. What happened to that?

Hi @jboles.
If you are looking at the forum via smart phone, as I am, you have to turn your phone to horizontal to see the signatures.
They are still there, I see yours!
Don't know why :shrug:

@jboles I always use my phone when I’m here on the forum, too. I miss being able to see the signatures without turning my phone, I didn’t have to before the update.

Happy New Year, everyone!

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

I can’t believe it will be 3 years, in March, since I had my partial done. And it’s been “one crazy ride,” to quote a phrase. A very frustrating ride, to say the least. One I certainly didn’t expect.

While I will never call this partial successful, I do seem to continue to see minor improvements, even at this late date. I don’t think about it every moment, so I must be getting used to it the way it is.

So, those of you in the early stages, things will improve. Hang in there and work hard on your patience, as that’s the thing you have to work hardest on.

I can’t thank the rest of the staff, and all those behind the scenes, enough, for developing Bonesmart into what it is. It is the best ever resource for those of us experiencing joint replacement. I’m so glad the Lord led me to Bonesmart back in April 2017! I continue to help others here, as I have been helped.

Best wishes to all for 2020!

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: You are a huge asset to Bonesmart and we all are blessed to have you here to help everyone through their recoveries and trials.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back