PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

That all sounds very good, Jockette. I think he's finally a good surgeon for you. Even if revising the knee is not in the plans right now, you may still want to check in with him now and then to report how you're doing and see if he has any suggestions. Talk to the neurologist you see about tests that may verify whether or not you have nerve damage. I think an EMG and/or MRI can do this.

I'm so happy to hear no revision for you and am still hoping for you to get some relief from your discomfort :console2:

Jockette, so glad to hear you went for your second opinion and also glad he doesn't recommend a revision. However, I know how you feel about the discomfort. It would be nice for you to be pain/discomfort free one day.

I am pleased you may soon have a resolution for your long suffering issue.

Off topic, I just ADORE your beautiful quilt, just my colours. I believe I am right in assuming it is your handiwork. :whistle:

Off topic, I just ADORE your beautiful quilt, just my colours. I believe I am right in assuming it is your handiwork. :whistle:
Thank you, Izabel, yes, I did make the quilt.

I'm very happy you were treated with respect by this surgeon and his team. I so hope you can find the source of your pain and the means to eliminate it. How wonderful that you don't need more surgery. :console2:

I’m happy you don’t have to have a revision. Some of us are better off than we were before the revision, but I for one will never be “as good as new!” It seems like I will have to learn to live with limitations, not able to kneel, not able to return to an active lifestyle, etc. I hope that perhaps with medication, you’ll get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beachy, that’s a good idea to keep him informed. It might help someone else with a similar situation to mine, though I think we are few and far between.

I definitely want my own copy of the blood work report so I can give it to the neurologist.

I went to Walmart this morning and I felt like my attitude was perkier. What I feared was a probable revision has weighed very heavily on my mind for months. At this point I have 3 surgeons total who see nothing wrong. Granted, that can be taken a lot of ways, but my current conclusion is, Orthopaedic-ly there is nothing wrong. Yes, there’s definitely a problem, but it’s something else. It’s time to try something different.

I’ll look into it tomorrow, we have friends coming over in an hour to play Mexican Train dominoes! :happydance:I need some light hearted fun.

@Hood1980 I hope and pray that you improve more than you expect as you continue to heal. :console2:

I’m glad the problem is not with your knee. Hopefully the neurologist will be able to help with the pain you’re having.

At this point I have 3 surgeons total who see nothing wrong. Granted, that can be taken a lot of ways, but my current conclusion is, Orthopaedic-ly there is nothing wrong. Yes, there’s definitely a problem, but it’s something else. It’s time to try something different.
Yes, this is exactly the right way to look at what you just found out. This is what I was talking about in my previous message to you. You're sure now that "nothing is wrong". Yeah, it still bothers you, something bothers you, but there's nothing wrong with the joint itself.

I can't tell you how many times I sat there with my OS, with my X-Rays up on the screen showing a perfect TKR joint, trying to tell him that something was wrong.

But like I said, eventually I figured out that I wasn't really in pain. Not in the sense of bone on bone pain that is debilitating, just something that bothered me that didn't bother me before the operation.

Eventually, I moved on. Even recently when my PT started having me do "slight knee bends" on my left knee to strengthen it prior to surgery (set of 20 a couple of times a day) I'll notice something "bothering me" the next day in the morning. But after a few weeks of it, I can definitely tell my leg is stronger than ever, and it looks totally normal after 9 years.

I sincerely hope you get the help you need to "get over the hump" and move on with your life, like I did during my first couple of years post-op. I think this visit you had with a new surgeon might be exactly what you needed for confidence you can get this behind you.

By the way, no matter how much my knees are bothering me, they always feel better after 25 minutes on my bike, always, as long as I don't use too much resistance.

Last edited:
@Jockette, one of the tests I had ordered by my original OS prior to having my revision was an EMG to see if I had nerve entrapment. It came out negative. Make sure to get that test ordered by your new OS or neurologist besides the blood work.

I never had, either, before I moved into my present community.

I guess nobody noticed my new thread title. I thought sure I’d get comments on that!

Thinking I would be needing a revision, I’ve been thinking about the new title to reflect that.

That is not an immediate concern, but I still wanted a change. Drama Queen certainly describes my knee, I’ve called it that often.

I’m with @Motherbone , Hobble on!

I thought something looked different. Your knee isn't the only one that's a drama queen! I call my The Brat! It always is acting up. Were you able to change the title yourself? I have looked for a way to do it, but haven't found it yet.

How is miss drama queen doing today?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties