THR My Christmas time recovery

Thank you I doing pretty well. Went back to my standing job last week five days of four hour shifts. It wasn’t terrible. I need to build my stamina. My most Roo le is still the pain trying to lift my leg into the driver side of my vehicle. It is painful. I thought maybe I should do knee lifts at home to work on the height and it is very sore to do. Did not know is this is a help or hinderance,

@Sdfoxy1 Good to hear from you. We had our operation on the same day. I’m retired so I don’t have to return to work although I think I could have by now although stamina is an issue for me still too. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble getting into the car to drive. It’s such a feeling of freedom and independence to be able to drive again. Take care and keep posting please.

Early days getting into car I'd sit in the seat keeping both feet/legs on ground outside of the car then slowly move both legs forward to pedals. A plastic bag on seat of your car also helps this maneuver cause makes it easy to slide in.
Hope this helps.

Hi everyone. I have a question. I know everyone is different but maybe just some input would be fine. It has 4.5 months since my surgery. I have been back to work at a standing/walking. Job for about 5 weeks. At first I had no stamina and my leg would feel after a few hours but has grown stronger. It is very rare I feel any pain from walking. My problem is that I still can’t lift my leg into my car without pain. If I put it straight out I can lift it. But it still hurts to lift it enough to get over the threshold. I can almost do it if I push through the pain. But I feel like I’m hurting something in there and am sort of afraid. Do I need to do exercises to lift it higher or leave it alone. I will ask my dr at some point. But really just wanting your experiences. Thanks

I would leave it to heal more on it's own. You are not even halfway into your healing journey.
Based on how my right THR recovery went, it took me the full year of recovery to lose that problem. Maybe even more than a year.
My surgeon said to give it the full year then would revisit the issue. By then it wasn't perfect but not bad enough to make an appt. with him, then somewhere around 15 months it was a non issue.
I suppose that after the year mark, then you will need to consider other treatment options, but wouldn't worry about that this early into the recovery.
Glad to hear that your return to work has been okay. The first few weeks are indeed an adjustment!

@Sdfoxy1 , my "driving leg" had me all worried because it was the last of my preop hip symptoms to heal. I had to keep it until about five months. One magical day it just dawned on me that it lifted itself and ots been smooth sailing in that leg since. :walking:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom