My 80 yr old Mom scheduled for 2/1 THR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanneknits

My Mom is 80 and scheduled for right THR on 2/1. Afterwards she goes to a 5-6day recovery and then to my house. I work full time but plan on coming home at lunch time. I believe P.T. will come to my house. I have the fear of the unknown. Will she be well enough in a few weeks to return to her house and continue P.T. there? Will I be able to work as planned or will I have to be home for weeks? I am starting to get very anxious over the whole thing. Any and all imput is appreciated.

Hi, Leanne. I can feel for your dilemma. First facts are, how is your mother now? Is she mentally active? Independent? reasonably mobile - excluding the hip problem of course! I would imagine she is all of these things else they would not consider her for a THR.

I would have thought that the plans you have made are quite ok although nothing, of course, can be absolute. As long as you are prepared for some last minute changes should the need arise, I am sure all will be well. But see what others think.

Hi, My name is Ginny and I am a 35 yr old active healthy female. I just had THR of my left hip 10 days ago (14 Jan 2008). I spent four days in the hospital and am recovering at home. It's been 10 days and I still need help getting in and out of bed, showering, dressing etc.

The first two weeks are the most difficult. I think as long as your mother is healthy, active, and can move on her own now she should be fine. I think you will need to be with her after she returns from her in resident PT.

All the best
Ginny

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics