My 11 week update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catwoman

Hi,

I haven't been here for a while as I went back to work part time a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to keep up with my studying and everything else at the same time. I'm going to try working a full week next week so may not be back here for a while.

I went out for a short walk today and for the first time didn't use my walking stick. I've been taking it everywhere with me just in case I need it but today my husband carried it for me and I was fine. I've been driving short distances for a couple of weeks too which is great after being without my car for a couple of months.

For the first 9 weeks I was taking paracetamol before I got up in the morning but now I'm able to leave it until later in the day. It's now nearly 4pm and I've just realised I haven't taken any pain killers yet today. Maybe this will be the first day I won't need them.

I'm having my right hip replaced on 27 August so now feel I'm well on the way to being ready for that. It's the pain in my right hip that is stopping me from walking further at the moment.

Hope you're all doing well.

Catwoman

hi there. its so great to hear from you. it sounds like youve been busy. i'm glad your doing so well. i understand how the other hip is your greatest limitation right now. after pt yesterday my right hip felt worked out but the left hip hurt. i wish you well in august and hope well see more of you then
monique

Catwomen,
Sounds like things are great for you. Good LUck with the next one. Then you will be in excellent shape.
judy

Hey, Cat! So glad you're purring along!!! (When else would I have been able to say that???.) LOL. By the fall, you'll really get your life back!!! :)

Hi Catwomen I am so happy you are doing so well . You did seem to go thru this pretty well. I hope the next hip is the same. I hope you keep us posted . Congradulations to you....Your doing great.....

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm sure I'll be back here in September to talk about my second op but will also try to log on regularly.

Take care!

LTHR 23 April 2009

I like the picture of your hubby carrying your cane 'just in case'! Hubbies are so useful sometimes, aren't they? Well done you!

And if they're not, justy turn the cane .....there's a nifty place for his neck!!!! (Only kidding!!!!). :)

Great to hear how well you're doing, Catwoman! And with TWO new hips, you'll be twice as good. Sounds like a "keeper" of a hubby there.....give him a hug from us for being such a helper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom