TKR Muscle spasm?

@Cass1e
Hi I was wondering how you were doing? Has your sickness got any better?
I am having my stitches out tom morning and have s doctor's appointment as well just after then come back home to then go out for Covid booster later.. so a busy day and I just hope I am ok.
I have tried our drive today as it is a bit like a hillside!
Hopefully you are coming on ok.
Take care

I say I did not choose this surgery it picked me
Ok in my twenties I might have wanted a By curly nose but that was vanity
I've kept the face I was given and it's seen me through
My husband says he loves it so that's been a bonus too
For years I've tried to disguise the true pain I was in
When people asked if I was fine i would lie and throw a somewhat grimaced grin
But that naughty uncle Arthur.. ri tus he kept coming to my door
the more I tried to ignore him he would just call more and more
He followed me to my physio and stayed real close to me
and must have decided I wasn't working hard enough so jumped in my other blooming knee!I
Eventually it decided I had to give in
" ok it needs the op" I cried but never disclosed the other leg (hopefully it will have rectified)
I'm lucky really to have a brand new knee
I know behind I've left a que of less fortunate than me than me.
As I get older I worry about joining yet another select group
I want a promise of new dentures but hubby says " don't worry darling I will make you tasty
Th soup!!!!!

Went for the stitches removed today but the nurse didn't know exactly how many had been put in as it didn't specify on my hospital letter,!
She took one at the top and one at the bottom.. hopefully I also have dispersible ones in between!!
Busy day as walk up drive was hard as it slopes. Went out, came back home had lunch then out again for Covid booster. Feel bad as only done two sets of excersise.. but feel tired now.

You can’t do lots of exercises as well as two excursions in one day without flooring yourself at this stage. Take it easy! Feeling guilty at not doing enough activity is part of this recovery. It seems that a large proportion of us were very active all our lives, hence wearing out our knees and needing new ones, and spending a lot of time on our backsides doesn’t come naturally.
You’ll be as strong as an ox again if you give yourself a chance to recover. That’s my lecture for the day.

Yes!! Rest!! We have decided: ONE big activity a day for now....and you’ve just had 2, by necessity. That’s. OK.... but now, let your body rest, maybe even tomorrow . Just listen to your body, you don’t want to join the ODIC ( over- did- it club.). And Do take care of yourself ❤️

I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:

My clips came out on Tuesday too, very quick and easy, too small to count how many there were so I hope she got em all!
Nausea has gone thanks to my gp altering my medications for me.
See you got your covid booster too, I've been stalling on arranging mine, not too sure why though.
Just need to give ourselves loads of time to recover now...

@Cass1e glad nausea gone for you.
Yes Covid booster needed doing as Husband is doing shopping and trying to do everything else ( help swing legs over bath put Stockings on.. not on him on me! Plus do the occasional other end of town early morning baby sit and school run! etc .) So he needs to be protected.
I'm worried he's burning himself out .. but I can't stop him.
The place we went for boosters was awful though felt like waiting for a ride in a Florida theme park in height of summer.
It was a huge place all barriers round and it felt like we were cattle being herded.
I was crutches. Luckily the woman behind had sense to ask for a wheelchair for us and then got staff to enable us a straight run through.
So be careful if you do book that they have a good place for you with easy access.
Mine was done at my GP practice twice before so this was a shock.
I wonder why I was given stitches.. nurse said she had another patient recently who had stitches as well but said clips were what she usually got presented with for TKR?
Anyway take care you
Good luck with your recovery

Never having used crutches before they have soon become quite a novelty
Apart from giving Nelly good support they can come in handily.

I was sitting in my recliner icing just the other day
When I started tutting at the dust that had formed during my hospital stay

our fire place is black you see and it did such a sight
I placed a wet wipe on one crutch end and then began to wipe

The next trick may make you squirm I know this is very true
But with chewing gum placed on rubber stopper end it's amazing the amount of annoying bits off carpets I can do!

I can sit in my chair fishing all kinds of things around my home
If anyone was to see me they might mistake me for a garden Nome

Why now I am incapacitated do all objects fall to the floor?
I was once a fan of old Issacs believe me his theory amuses me no more

One crutch alone can reach where I can no longer see
Who cares if I have broken biscuits they still dunk in my tea ( I do hold the work top at same time)

I have a hook a duck game for time spent on the lavatory it's quite fun to my surprise
A crutch end will catch me a toilet roll which when desperate can be just the right prize

I can also now help with household chores like sorting out the washing balancing huge crotches on crutches
It's just as well for this trick no one else is watching.

Now I have shared my secrets I ask you Please tell no one else you know
and for goodness sakes what ever you do don't mention me to your physio!
( I may have a new best seller 101 ways with crutches)

Can I ask does anyone experience the pain that makes me shout OUCH I get if I stand from sitting and move my leg backwards slightly and then it does it a again a couple of times on mobilisation?
I again don't know if this is normal?

Oh no I got both Doctors for ECG and bloods next week ( have tachycardia.. heart beats too fast) and trying to find cause.
And my first out of date since hospital stay physio appointment and our wonderful UK weather is showing SNOW for next week!
I struggled to get up/ down our steep driveway yesterday under normal weather conditions!
Don't want to miss any physio as want some reassurance I am doing ok.
I love all the seasons in the UK but snow on my physio days is just unacceptable!!
Watch this space for the outcome of this one.it never rains but it SNOWS!

Does anyone have a feeling like the new knee sort of does a small collapse thing- as if can't hold your weight?

I have my laxative meds now safely stored away. I did not use the toilet for a number 2 for the two nights I was in. On the morning I came home watched everyone else take laxative thought I better now join them... Big mistake. First night home I must have got up 9 times during the night. It was not a good experience!
I don't need these meds and have been normal with my toilet habits ever since.
My knee feels really sore tonight and keeping me from sleeping.
Have taken two co codomols ( prescription meds from hospital ran out) and am trying baby ibruprophen as the adult dose won't be tolerated by my stomach. I'm finding it very difficult as I can only take paracetamol based meds X 4 times daily.. which of course doesn't help if I wake up in pain at 3am as will have had last dose around 10pm. I don't know how to combat this one.
My leg aches in bed a lot and it causes me to lose sleep. I am not napping at all during the day it's like I am taking caffeine not codeine it's odd.

I am now 15 days after my op.
My appetite went really off for a few days ( I won't exactly waste away)
It has come back a bit but definitely eating less than before and I really have to fancy the food and for it to tickle my taste buds, so in that respect I am glad I didn't do pre- prepared meals and freeze them as I know I wouldn't be wanting them at the moment

I have my laxative meds now safely stored away. I did not use the toilet for a number 2 for the two nights I was in. On the morning I came home watched everyone else take laxative thought I better now join them... Big mistake. First night home I must have got up 9 times during the night. It was not a good experience!
I don't need these meds and have been normal with my toilet habits ever since.
My knee feels really sore tonight and keeping me from sleeping.
Have taken two co codomols ( prescription meds from hospital ran out) and am trying baby ibruprophen as the adult dose won't be tolerated by my stomach. I'm finding it very difficult as I can only take paracetamol based meds X 4 times daily.. which of course doesn't help if I wake up in pain at 3am as will have had last dose around 10pm. I don't know how to combat this one.
My leg aches in bed a lot and it causes me to lose sleep. I am not napping at all during the day it's like I am taking caffeine not codeine it's odd.
As you can tell by the time, I am having exactly the same night time problems. My leg doesn't hurt, it aches and is most uncomfortable. I still have some prescription codeine left but am determined not to use them.
Four hours a night with no daytime napping is my average and it's quite debilitating.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back