TKR MUA at 9 months?

Sorry I haven't responded. My grandson was born and I haven't been online. The burning is at D RF1.

Is this where your pain is?
marta.jpg

I would guess this is ITB (ilio-tibial band) issues and treatments and you need to follow the advice in the article.

My daughter is a massage therapist and she worked on my leg today. She worked hamstrings and ITB. I feel much better with no burning. I can stand straighter and bend more. I am going to continue with massage when I get home.

For the cramps and spasms, you might want to consider taking Magnesium if there are no contraindications with your other meds. I had bad cramps and started taking Magnesium and they went away. Stopped taking it and they came back. I now take one capsule before I go to bed every night. Best of luck!

I have been improving my ROM to 115-120 and my extension is near zero since I went back to work. I am having pain at DRF1. It is a band of tissue ?? Collateral ligament maybe. It runs over the bone and really hurts when I bend my leg and extend it. I can feel it rub over the bone if I hold it when I move my leg. Do you think this is an adhesion. I have tried massaging the area and bending my knee as far as I can to release it. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.

I started taking magnesium on my doctor's advice and the leg cramps have pretty much disappeared. If they try to start, I can stop them. My feet are another matter. Sometimes I cannot get my toes to stop cramping up. I am already on so much potassium, and have been for the past 8 years. Doctor also suggested coq10. Combined, they really seem to be helping.

@martalynn
Your surgery was just 3 days before mine!

I got rid of toe and leg cramps by drinking Indian Tonic water every day. It is worth a try.

Can it be too late to get MUA?
I have been doing more PT that has helped my IT Band. I still have intense pain where a ligament goes over my lateral femoral condyle. The stretches I am doing don't seem to be helping. Anything else that might help?

Last edited by a moderator:
@martalynn .... you'll notice that I've merged your latest recovery thread with your other two threads. All contain either updates or questions and concerns associated with your recovery. We prefer for all that information to be in one place so we can go back and review information easily before providing advice for you. So please use this thread when you want to give us an update or ask a question. You can always request that the title be changed if you like. Just post what you want here and we'll change it for you.

It's not necessarily too late for an MUA, but why do you think you need one? What is your current ROM and how are you functioning at doing your normal activities?

My ROMis 101 which I can live with. It's the pain when I bend it that I'm concerned with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen another OS for a second opinion?

Karri's right. It might be time to see a revision surgeon to get an idea what is going on. If you've had IT band problems all this time, it's likely that this pain is associated with the IT band as well. The fact that you've had this pain so long is an indication that you need some different eyes on the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions..I have been considering seeing another surgeon.i tried PT. first to see if that would resolve the problem.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks