Moving Forward On Two New (Conformis) Knees

@SusieShoes, looks like I may be traveling through your area in January. I would love to meet you. :)

I would be delighted! We can talk about it in PMs, or email. :)

Tomorrow is my last day of work at both jobs. The weekend brings lunch with my son, more shopping for last missing necessities, a fair amount of house cleaning, packing for Columbia and an extra bag for my nest away from home.

I have removed any contraindicated supplements or meds including Mobic which helped with inflammation and knee pain. My knees are reminding me as to why this surgery is imminent. One more day of work, one weekend to wrap up, one day to travel, one day for pre-op and a joint class, one quiet night, one early morning surgery times two.

I find I am seeking quiet places. Time to talk myself into this week, to talk myself through what my primary physician referred to as one of the biggest decisions of my life to date. She surely didn't sugarcoat the recovery and promises to help me through whatever arises.

I am so ready to be through this next month.

I can understand your apprehension PoetryChef it would be abnormal not to have reservations but the outcome will be worth all the natural stress and strains associated with our pending ops.. There was a great, hilariously funny, series in the U.K. years ago called "Only fools and horses " and the punch line at the end after yet another of their financial disasters was that Delboy the older Brother always assured Rodney that this time next year they would all be millionaires. Well this time next year we could all be Olympic sprinters..

If you are feeling down they are well worth looking at on You Tube..

Best of British..

Ertuck

@PoetryChef I can tell you from this point. I am very very glad I had the surgery done. It has made a large difference already. I am doing so much better than before. I am amazed at the difference. I am sure once you are on the other side and start to see the small changes happen you will be too. I will be watching for your posts. Enjoy you weekend and family time.

I understand your anxiety. It will be worth it. You're well prepared-enjoy the fun things this weekend.

I am officially off work until February 6th. Now, just me and new knees.:dancy:

I awoke in the middle of the night and was startled to remember that I don't go to work today.

My best friend is at the coast this weekend and texted me a photo of the sunrise and said "first sunrise of your new life." I am blessed with generosity and care from people in my life. Just yesterday, my co-worker, Justin, saw me off with a chocolate raspberry cake and a nice succulent plant which requires little watering.

Today is lunch with my son, shopping and packing. Carlos will return home from pre-opening a new kitchen and promises a lovely steak dinner. He says I am his priority and to not worry about the pets, the house or the bills. He swears we will get through this but I feel guilty to depend on others. A beloved customer says the goodness I give to others is just coming back to me.

Time to start the first day of my new life. The knees of my old life and I will get through this new day slowly.

Sherry

Last edited:
How blessed you are! And your customer is correct. You have blessed many people and now is the time to let those people be blessed by helping you and showing you how much they care about you! Thank God you being able to bless others and for others being able to bless you!

Not even 5 am and I have been awake for an hour. Yesterday Carlos injured his foot at work and hobbled around while making our steak dinner. He is scheduled for an eleven hour workday. Poor thing. The new store opens Tuesday and they are very busy prepping for the grand opening. I hope he is able to make it through.

Today is my last day at home before leaving for Columbia tomorrow. I will spend this day doing laundry, packing, a bit of housework and time with my pets. I can hardly believe in only 5 days I will have two new knees and be on my way to recovery.

A question about pain control, meds and taking them as needed. I am concerned about the pain post-surgery and not allowing it to get ahead of me. Since my insurance will only allow 1 extended release Nycenta every 12 hours instead of the 1-2 prescribed by my surgeon, the pharmacist suggested I supplement the Nycenta. I also have a prescription for fast-acting Nycenta 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed. Should I also plan to take the 1000 mg of Tylenol? Just want to make sure I am set up for my return home.

Best wishes to you! Stay positive -it helps in your recovery!

You’re almost in the starting gate. Enjoy some relaxed time heading into your surgery. You’ll do lots of relaxing after, though it won’t be as much fun. :wink: Just remember you can always come here to hang out.

I’ll tag @Josephine to give you the scoop on using Tylenol with your Nycenta. Tylenol helped me a great deal when I quit my OxyContin, and if a pharmacist recommended using it with Nycenta I would assume it’s safe. Still, let’s see what Jo recommends.

Thank you Susieshoes. Nearly kickoff time for sure. At work (parents medical supply) finishing up last minute banking and double fluffing the nest that will be here. Thanks for tagging @Josephine.

Many thanks for all the good care that I have received here.

I needed to read that today. God's perfect timing. Thank you, Celle.

Since my insurance will only allow 1 extended release Nycenta every 12 hours instead of the 1-2 prescribed by my surgeon, the pharmacist suggested I supplement the Nycenta. I also have a prescription for fast-acting Nycenta 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed.
Having never actually heard of Nycenta (or Tapentadol) before, I'm not in a position to advise you. I suggest you go with what you've been allowed and see how it works. If it doesn't work for you, contact your GP and see of s/he will prescribe you Tramadol instead. That you can take with Tylenol.

I think it's called Nucynta - that's what I found when I did a search for it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks