TKR moving along

Jo Wo

senior
Country
United States United States
saw surgeon today, he agreed it's time. need to hear from his scheduler after they get insurance authorization for me. hopefully she will contact me this week.

Good News, hope they contact you soon.

Last edited:
Scheduler just called and can get me in for my first tkr on my left knee on june 23. she is putting it through for insurance approval now. I am not sure if it will be robotic or not. Surgeon is the one most recommended to me by a nurse, a pt, former or tech who worked with him, and multiple joint replacement patients.

@Jo Wo
Congratulations on receiving your surgery date, you have been added to the June Sunbeams, and you surgery date is in your signature.

You will notice I have moved your post in the June Sunbeams to your pre op thread were members are more likely to see you have received you date and be able to provide support and encouragement.
Thanks and all the best on the 23rd next month,
Chris

scheduled dental evaluation. seeing my primary next week to see if he will want to add any tests before clearing me. I have no pre existing conditions presently . I tried to schedule my preop but the hospital didn't get the paperwork yet from the doctors office.

so I guess I will just stick to in house prepping and my prehab exercises for a few days. I have weeding to do but there is such a risk of tick bites or poison ivy around here that I de ided to let it go. many years ago, I almost had to cancel a surgery due to poison ivy rash....

If it doesn’t, I’m sure we can help!

big day today. a routine physical with the gp where I find out what additional tests he might order before giving me clearance, and hospital webinar this evening. hoping I hear about insurance approval this week as well.

well other than my knee I am in perfect health. he ordered no additional checks, but was peeved that the ortho has sent him no treatment notes, so I got on the phone about that as soon as I got home

got a few more questions answered. my new knee will be Smith and nephew and it will be a robotic surgery. no need to have my bladder catheterized, yippee.

4 weeks to go now. I think I have a fair amount of prepping done. I may scale back on my recumbent cycling soon. I have been doing 40 minutes 5 days a week. but my knees are both cranky these days.... and in a few weeks no more nsaids. tylenol never alleviates much pain for me. a little low intensity housework and cooking is what I am saving my "good knee time" for every day.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back