THR Mojo2013 recovery thread

Good morning! It sounds like you are doing well. I'm sure today you probably feel a bit alone now that your mom has left, but we are all still here if you feel like chatting or need a little support. It might seem strange but I also find it helpful to myself to post in the preop threads where people are awaiting surgery and feeling very anxious. I remember being there myself and finding how much the responses to my thread meant to me at that time. So posting there makes me feel like I can help someone else.

Enjoy the quiet time and maybe even get a bit of extra rest today! Take care.

Good morning, I hope you are doing ok now that your mom has left. Did you have to go back to the dr after 2 weeks? I went yesterday and they did an X-ray and said everything looked good. No more stockings now and I go back again in 4 weeks. Let us know how you are doing!

Good luck Emma! I am doing well on day 3 post-op except for fatigue and pain - but that is controlled by meds. Less pain than after knee replacement

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Hi Emma, we are all thinking about you and hope you are doing well. I hope you will post when you get a chance to let us know how things are going for you. Take care....

@kayak59, how's it going on day 4?

@MyAussieGirl you are sweet to think of me! Just been resting and dealing with the noisy dog. He has been out of sorts since my surgery since his routine is off. To make matters worse we have workers drilling on the outside of the building which freaks him out. Poor pup!

@GrannyC how are things with you? Just went to the dr today at 2 wks & 2 days. Staples are out. Will post X-ray photo. He's pleased with progress. I'm on one crutch and PT says almost time to move to cane. Back to doc in 3 weeks. Restrictions for 3 more weeks. Boo!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

upload_2017-5-16_0-12-26.png

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear it went well. I just had mine done in Chicago on 5/4. It went pretty much the same way you described. I was just sitting around doing nothing after P/T and figured I'd let you know there are others out there going through the same thing. T.V. is starting to get boring so I,m just surfing the threads. Best of luck to you and your fam!!!!

@Mojo2013 Day 4 is going well! My leg was very stiff and sore this morning and it was kinda hard to get out of bed without dragging it, but once I was up, all was well. The leg is moving freely but both hips get sore if I stand for too long and I am also getting pins and needles down the back of my left leg. That is odd, happens when I stand and in other positions, starting just above my knee and going down into the ankle. Pain not too bad (with oxycodone) and I'm icing it. Not really elevating; kinda hard to do that to the hip unless laying on my back. Debating on whether or not to post the picture I took of my hip. Its just the bandage at this point but I was wondering if other people would like to see where a Superpath incision is located. It is of course, not a big deal to post a picture of a knee incision but a hip incision shows a little more than perhaps many of us want to. :)

@kayak59 glad things are getting better. That heavy leg thing gets better pretty quickly. Mine is also stiff after sleeping or sitting for awhile, but it's nowhere near as stiff as the pre surgery arthritis.

As for the standing, it's only day 4 so cut yourself some slack and take lots of naps. [emoji846] not sure about the pins and needles but I'm sure Josephine or others can weigh in on that.

The first few days for me were really tough then it eased up quickly. You will get there

As for scar pics, there's a separate section for it and believe me there are lots of butts. [emoji41] but I know what you mean. I edited my X-ray pic down so it was a little more modest...lol.

Me too. Dr. Nam. Loved it there.

Hey ya I kinda figured you were taking care of you .... smart but I still gotta check up on my buds.

Aww my pets too dog is extra loopy and my poor cat misses me as they can't be in the same room it's musical pets... I was Walker playing with my dog and my grabbers broke...ruined our game..... I can't wait to get well

Hi fellow MoJo. I used that name before I noticed you because MoJo is my 14 year old ShiTsu' s name and 3 is my lucky number. Looks like on x-ray they shot a screw in there. Surgeon told my family that they put s few in my right hip as the socket was a tad bit larger and was a little play and as active as I am he wanted to alleviate potential issues. Do you know if that's common

2 Mojos.
My Heads in a spin.
Well done so far to you both.
Joe.......

Hi friends! 17 days post op and feeling pretty good. Got up and out of the house this morning for a few hours, then afternoon movie and nap time.

Backing off the meds slowly. No more oxy at all now. Substituting one of my norcos for Tylenol, per doctor's instruction. I felt more energy this morning than I have in a long time. My guess is it was not having the oxy before bed last night.

The only odd thing is some mild tingling in my left hand off and on throughout the day. I read it could be from having anesthesia recently. Anyone else experience this or have thoughts?

@Mojo333- hi fellow mojo! Mojo is my 4 yo schipperke mix's name, and 2013 the year I adopted him. Not sure about the screw question. My dr didn't say anything about it. Guessing Josephine can weigh in with the medical info.

Hope your recovery is going well!

Looks like on x-ray they shot a screw in there. Surgeon told my family that they put s few in my right hip as the socket was a tad bit larger and was a little play and as active as I am he wanted to alleviate potential issues. Do you know if that's common
Very common. Worry not!
The only odd thing is some mild tingling in my left hand off and on throughout the day.
Are you still on a walker? You might be leaning into it a bit too much and cutting of the circulation in that hand. Crutches can do the same.

Thanks @Jaycey you're probably right about the crutches. I lean into them harder than I should. My home PT pointed that out so I bet it's the cause of the tingling too.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties