TKR Miserable and still limping

hawk2go

Staff member since January 2022
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
I hope you get the help and advice you need to be more comfortable.

Jockette

Staff member since March 2018
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
@Laura Ashley I‘m sorry you had a fall. Getting a new X-ray is a good idea. Hopefully it’s “just” soft tissue that is upset. Sometimes early in recovery, and 4 months post op was still early, it doesn’t take a lot to really upset those tissues that a working so hard to heal.

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:

ski_bum

Country
Canada Canada
@Laura Ashley
Please search I T Band on Bonesmart. There is a great article on IT Band.
Sounds like some of your pain is similar to mine.
Good Luck.

Scaredycat10

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Laura Ashley
Please search I T Band on Bonesmart. There is a great article on IT Band.
Sounds like some of your pain is similar to mine.
Good Luck.
The dreaded IT band.

I had half an hour of my physio's elbow in my left one yesterday. . O.M.Goodness. It hurt but it eased the band. I can get my right leg up onto the kitchen table and am able to ease into the stretch. Strangely enough, :heehee: I can't, with my left and short of lying on my bed to do the IT band stretch, an finding it difficult to do any stretches downstairs [don't even contemplate lying on the floor as I'd never get up].

These ligaments and bands can often only become an issue after some sort of trauma and let's face it, a TKR is 'some sort of trauma'. They need working through and it is possible to work through them at home although it helps if a professional can identify the issue first.
I agree, Bonesmart has really useful advice and help.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lyla
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Top Bottom