TKR Mireille's RTKR 4 months

Oh yes isn't getting dressed fun (not!). The sock dance comes after the knicker hoopla followed by best of three trying to get leg down the trouser leg! How entertaining it all is for the cat!

@Spex10 hahaha, I call getting the leg in the pants, the wiggles! My doggie just stares at me unsure of what's going on.

I've been living in yoga and pajama pants for the last 5 weeks. Can't wait to put on my jeans!

I'm never leaving my yoga pants again. Love them!

:happydance::dancy::yes!::wowspring:

I DID IT! Did a full backwards revolution on the bike. Omg, never thought I'd do it. Motivation back on. One day at a time! So flipping excited!

@Celle @Josephine Hello ladies, I'm just curious, I've noticed when I lightly massage right above the knee, bottom of thigh, my knee loosens up and my flexion gets a lot better. Is there a reason for this or is it mental? :chinstroke:

Hey, girl! I have no idea except maybe the warmth created from the rubbing is relaxing muscles or tendons a little? Really, I'm making that reasoning up - but I tend also to get just a little more extension if the back of my knee gets a little warmth (heating pad or a hot bath)....

I say whatever works, keep it up! :happydance:

@Spex10 Did you try it? Let me know how it feels to you. It may not be immediate but try it for a few days.

@L.I.T Hey, you may have something there. I take hot showers and my knee feels so much better when I get out. Haven't tried any other heat on the knee but may give it a shot behind the knee. I've used heat pads on my muscles and it sure helps.

That muscle had been so tight and everytime I bent my knee I would feel like it would just hold me back. So as sit in the chair gently bending my leg, I gently massage and it's gone down considerably.

This is the first morning I've woken up without a completely stiff knee. It's wonderful. Heading to PT in a bit.

Have a great day ladies! :dancy:

@L.I.T. I wish I could have a bath, but with my bone-on-bone arthritic knees, I haven't be able to get into and out of a tub in years! What degree of flexion does one need to have a bath in a soaker tub, which os the type we have now? I'm not holding out much hope at under 90 degrees ROM! It wasnanrude awakening when I found out that artificial knees won't be like original knees. So no pretzel-like yoga poses either! Well, I am getting old and have never been athletic. So being able to walk normally for travel and taking the doggy around the block will be enough success for me! Whenever that will be...

@Knees4Me it's not only your ROM that'll make it hard to get out of the bathtub right now, but also the leg strength it would take to lift your body. Think about getting up out of a chair and then imagine it on the ground.

But letting hot water run over your knee in the shower is good. One of our mods would do this and massage his knees and do a bit of bending also.

I don't know why your knee bends better after massaging but keep doing it if you feel it helps. Maybe it relaxes your muscles a bit.

So I'm taking this one day at a time and basking on even the tiniest improvements. I'll take what I can get at this point. PT went well, my ROM is now 94, up from 85 last Wednesday. I can actually feel the difference during ADL's. Now resting, icing and elevating. Taking it easy the rest of the day.
:chillpill:

It's the only way to do this. Early you can see improvement week to week at times, but later you may not see changes for a few weeks.

Hi, I tried it but no luck. I discovered that my gel packs that I usually use for freezing to ice my knee can also be heated. So I heated one -not too hot btw- and applied it to my thigh ending just above my knee. Result - quite pleasant feeling on my tight quad muscles but no difference to the bend. Oh well. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Oh, darn, we just have to keep trying until we find something that works. I didn't see immediate results but as the days went by I just noticed that tight bump go down and the bend get better as I massage it. Like I said, might be a mental thing, lol

I'll keep going with the massage. If I rub my hands together that generates good heat then I place them over my knee. Feels soothing.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88