TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all of my bonesmart friends
happy-thanksgiving-2012.jpg

I wanted to post this today as some people may be travelling or getting ready for company.

@marmora please don't forget to have the plane pick up @gr82cu2 in Indiana @ConnieJOS in Tennessee and me in Texas for our virtual Las Vegas trip. I am ready and waiting but not very patiently. :snork: Ready to get the party started(even if it is only virtual and not reality:heehee:)

Almost 6 week update (on Wednesday)

I saw OS today. Flexion 80° / extension 0° (not great but much better than it was and OS is okay with it for now). I will continue PT for 4 more weeks.

He switched me back to tramadol hoping it is easier on my liver but advised to still use it sparingly. (I will repeat LFT's on 12-12-14)

I am off work until Jan 6, 2015. Hopefully my short term disability adjuster will agree so my pay will continue. If not, OS will have to send an appeal and I may have to go back sooner.

I have also been released to drive if I want to. :dancy:

I am no longer using my cane at home, only when I am out and about.
My energy has improved a lot but I still get tired after a few hours so I am very glad OS is not rushing me back to work.

I am not far from where I expected to be at 6 weeks out other than the flexion. All in all I am pretty happy with my progress even with all of the ups and downs I have experienced over the last 6 weeks.

Thank you to all of you here on Bonesmart for the support and encouragement as I continue my recovery journey:loveshwr::thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Minnie's knees At 6 weeks 80 isn't bad and it will get better. You probably still have some swelling even if you don't think so, and when it is gone you will see an improvement in flex. It took hubby forever to get 0 on extension. Hope you continue to get the short term disability. I don't know what we would have done without hubby's short term disability! Yippie on being able to drive
awww.smiley_lol.com_smiley_deplacer_vdesport2.gif
!

Great report! Once you get to 90 degrees flexion you will find walking and moving around much less tiring. You'll get there! I'm glad he let you have Tramadol. I assume you got the kind without Tylenol in it? I hope you get to continue to be off work for another couple of weeks, at least. Being able to drive will give you back some independence which will be nice. Thanks for sharing your report.

@Minnie's knees Congratulations on being able to drive! Just was released to drive, too. Right now only the short drive to PT and anti-coag clinic is all that is comfortable without leg stiffening up too much, but it is a great relief and let's us know that things are, in fact, getting back to normal. So glad to hear that you are doing so well! :)

@Minnie's knees, great report!! I know you would like your flexion to be higher, but it will come. Now that you can drive, you will have that wonderful feeling that you are free! I hope your adjuster will agree to keep your pay coming and you won't have to go back to work until your OS says you are ready.

@tiredwife I definitely have some swelling since being off pain meds. I hate that short tern disability has the right to object to OS decision about return to work but grateful for the income while I am off work.

@gr82cu2 yes it is the Tramadol without Tylenol. I won't know for a week or so about the disability as OS office is sending med records for further review. I can't wait to be at 90-100 flexion.

@sandbar525 @Yorkimom @PrincessTia I will practice by driving the 3 miles to PT but it is exciting. I know that the ROM will get better. I have gone from 60° to 80°in 2 1/2 weeks. I really wish I had started out patient PT sooner as it has really helped and happy I can continue. I am also very glad I have met my deductible and out of pocket expenses prior to surgery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am working, but I don't stay more than 5 or 6 hours. I do most of my work at a desk though. I put a chair in front of my chair to put my feet in and I have ice packs there, but I rarely use them now. It's not bad, but only you know what stage of recovery you are in and what may be detrimental to your healing. You have to take care of yourself, as we all know.

@ConnieJOS you are my hero and queen of ROM. I too have a desk job. My biggest concern is the energy drain. Getting ready, 45 minute commute in heavy traffic, a long walk from parking garage, across ped-way and to my desk once inside the building then do it all in reverse after being there 9 hours including lunch. Part time is not an option. If I had to go back now I would but it would not be easy and OS is concerned about increased swelling and ROM not increasing as quickly VS being able to wait a few more weeks and focus on recovery. Like you I'll do what I have to do when it comes to my income but hoping for a few more weeks.

Kathy, I hope you get all the time off you need. I can't imagine going back to work yet. One of my co-workers asked when I'd be coming in to "visit", as if I'm just lounging around here. Ha ha, right?

@Minnie's knees

Ouch Kathy! That would be a lot harder. I drive 15 minutes, park at the front door, walk in and I'm at my desk. Big difference! I usually work about 10:00 to 4:00. We are open 8 to 5, but I own the place so I can get by with that. I hope you get some more time!

@Minnie's knees

Hello Kathy,

Great 6 week report and like the new avatar.
Good increase in your Flexion in 2.5 weeks and as Janet @gr82cu2 says, things will seem easier when you get to 90 in a few more weeks.

Congratulations on driving again :driver: Don't know of that's a car, but that's what I was trying to put in.

Take care,
Cathie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023