Milliard Foam leg Elevator cushion

Vansan

Country
United States United States
Hi
Looking to buy a Wedge cushion for elevation on my couch while recovering from right TKR
What r your thoughts on the Milliard Foam leg Elevator cushion on Amazon

Thanks

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20190131_db46ebb13f7388b83e31893f809f67c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I bought the Lounge Doctor leg cushion. Its bliss, recommended on this site and you can order through Amazon or directly. They sent it quickly (Im in New Zealand) and it was an easy process.
If you get one the important point is to get the correct size for your leg length to support your foot. Good luck and happy shopping.

I just ordered the Lounge Doctor based on recommendation on this forum. I ordered a small as I am under 5'5 and ordered the X Wide. Should arrive anyway now. I'll post about it when I've tried it.

Its really fab!!! Ive lent mine to several friends with knee surgery (and all skeptical nurses). Consensus was that not only worked for swelling and pain but also helped sleeping and rest especially in the first 2 weeks. The pillow cases wash easily and are easy to put back on.

@Vansan , the Milliard is not suitable.
The Lounge Doctor is good,

Have you read this article? It illustrates the types of foam elevating cushions that are suitable and some of those that are not.
Elevation: the do's and dont's

@rosieNZ Are you talking about The Lounge Doctor ?

@Josephine. Thanks Josephine
Does it make a difference if its Foam vs Memory Foam ?

@Josephine.

Please accept my very sincere apology.
I am so so very sorry that I was unable to adhere to proper grammar in this forum.
I am new to this.

Again I feel so bad about this [emoji17].
I meant no disrespect to anyone on this forum
I sincerely hope that I have not offended anyone on this forum. If I have please let me know.
Thanks

@Vansan

No offense at all taken here :) many of us had to get used to the forum rules.

You’re doing great - keep asking questions and expect great support from the forum folks!

The forum has been a lifeline for me - hope it works out that way for you, too.

I also used the Lounge Doctor and loved it, @Vansan. There are people who did not like it and used other ways to elevate, including stacking pillows, which can also work well. The article about elevation shows how to stack the pillows.

For the Lounge Doctor, If you do get one, test drive before surgery to figure out the most comfortable positioning. For me that was to have the Lounge Doctor right up at my butt. If it wasn’t snug to the butt, the angle wasn’t comfortable. At the butt, it was perfect. I slept with my legs up on the Lounge Doctor for four months — fussy new knees! — and it was worth every penny. Most people don’t use it quite that long.

Great information! Thanks all, and @Josephine, for the Do's and Don'ts on Elevation as well as this link to Lounge Doctor. I've been using pillow stacks, but they're slipping around and never quite right. The Lounge Doctor looks really perfect for me, and I might spring for this today (I'm Day 9 post TKA). I think on hindsight, some of my back of the knee muscle ache has been from too straight of an elevation, and this jives with wanting that gentle curve. Also, I had to stop using an ice pack which had a velcro strap that tends to cut into the back of the knee. All handy info!
Cheers,
Nell41

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks