Milestone-I tied my shoe today

Status
Not open for further replies.

leosmom

Country
United States United States
I finally tied my favorite walking sneaker today (8-1/2 weeks post op)! OS showed me how (left foot on stool, left knee pointing toward outside and reach down between legs) at 6 weeks but my ROM was so tight I couldn't reach. It was still a bit of a struggle but I did it. My morning walk was so much better in those shoes. I just hope the ROM continues to improve.

Kathy
LTHR 3/4/09

Congratulations, Kathy! That's a great achievement! I was so thankful for those elastic laces during those early days! Keep up the great recup! :)

Wonderful milestone reached, Kathy!!! You are doing so well in recovery. Even these little steps forward are a BIG deal and we will always celebrate them with you. It brings back happy memories of reaching those joyful moments in our own recoveries. Please share more when you can!!!

Kathy, Congrats! I remember when I hit this significant milestone. I emailed everyone I knew...
Your ROM will get better and better. Enjoy your walk.

Laurie

Congrats on the tied shoe!! I know you are so excited when you reach those little milestones. LOL I have to laugh...today I put my sneaker on...DD had to tie it for me though. On Tuesday I will be 6 weeks out.

Congratulations......I love hearing people workin it out and you are ..........congrats keep it up...continue to post your milestones please........Kim

that is fantastic. i cant wait. i'm sitting trying to think of being able to reach down like that. my right will not externally rotate and left very little so i'm in awe. i'm so excited for you i'm adding that to my list of things i'm dreaming of doing

Its ALWAYS the little things that mean so much!!! :)

Ata girl; I was excited the day I did it for the first time too; and the wife relieved, LOL

Its just as exciting for our spouses, the concensus is! So exciting! :)

Isn't it funny how something we used to take for granted is such a huge thing to us now, I remember the feeling of achievement that came from doing up my own shoes, congratulations to you and many good wishes for future milestones.

That's amazing at 8 weeks! I am at 7 weeks, and still not allowed to bend past 90-degrees for another 5 weeks. I can't wait to be able to wear tied shoes again.....I only wear slip on sandals, flip flops, or slides now.
Does it feel sore at all when you break 90-degrees?

Hop

I tied my shoe 3 days after surgey, than I stood up and used the long handled shoe horn and slipped it on. I was on here about a year ago as tallman, but I changed IP s and lost my handle some how so now I am tallman2.
I had my total hip replacement a month ago today and am using a cain part of the time and short walks around the house on my own.I live alone and am 65 yrs. My brother came from fla. and stayed with me for almost a month and I told him I only needed him for 4 or 5 day but he stayed on and I appreciated it.
On the downside the pain meds they gave me caused severe constapation , I have had gout in my toe and foot for the last few days and it hurts worse than the hip surgery infact I have less pain in my hip than before the surgery,. the gout is in the same leg as the hip rep.so that hurts.
I had seen my surgeon about a year before my surgery and he said my hip was worn out and too come back when it got too bothersome, so I saw him on a wed. and he did the surgery on the following monday it still feels like I amd sitting on a crescent wrench at times but I guess u get used too that. I am pleased with the results and glad it is over. If u need it done do it and get on with your life it is too short too spend it in pain when u can do something about it. Tallman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom