Lounge Doctor
ConforMIS

TKR Mild Knee Arthritis.... but sometimes pain below knee at night?

RollsRoyce

supremo
Country
United States United States
Tried creams... left mild arthritic knee.. pain happens below knee some nights.. have to get up massage it and walk around and sometimes take an A;eve.. any other suggestions?

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @RollsRoyce - I've moved your thread from the Social Room to the Knee Surgery Pre-Op Area, where it belongs.

The knee area works the same way as the hip area you used several years ago.

Have you seen a surgeon about your knee? It sounds as if you need to have the pain investigated further, to see how far your early arthritis has progressed, as it's the most likely cause of your pain.

Have you tried icing your knee? That may help relieve some of the pain. If ice doesn't help, you could try a warm pack - make sure it's not too hot, though. It's OK to apply heat to a knee before having surgery, but not afterwards.

OP
OP
RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce

supremo
Country
Thanks for your response.. I only went to the Orthopedic Dr. once.. It is not my knee that hurts.. it is below the knee... aches at night. Just doing the cream applications.. sometimes if I get up I massage the area and I walk around the house a little before I go back to be.. and that usually helps it. Knee doesn't hurt when I walk (maybe a tinge).. and I am able to go up and down stairs fine... Hopefully it won't get worse.. I really don't bother with Dr. much.

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Sometimes when our knees are going bad it affects the way we walk and can cause different muscle pains in the rest of our leg. :scratch:

OP
OP
RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce

supremo
Country
I am not walking any different .. My knee does not bother me all day long. .(it does make a cracking sound when I move it.. guess it doesn't have that synovial fluid around the knee joint) it is only at night .. and only sometimes that this aching occurs.. I am using the special cream.....Diclofenac Sodium topical gel..1%... a prescription.. this is the generic of Voltaren .. and that is an over the counter gel.. I will just put up with the ache and hope that my knee doesn't get worse.. I am still able to get up and down stairs fine.. I can get on the ground and get up again easily.. So no sense me complaining..

alexthecat

SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Country
Well, hello there! I don't know if you remember me, but you and I were recovery buddies, years ago after our THRs.

I'm sorry to learn that you're having knee troubles now. There was an Ask the Expert webinar about nonsurgical treatments for arthritis last weekend. I don't know if you caught that. If not, it will be available on demand at some point in the future. If you're on the BoneSmart email list, you'll be notified when that is ready. I think it will be announced here on the forum, as well. I watched the webinar and I think you'd find it useful.

OP
OP
RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce

supremo
Country
Yes I remember.. Hope all is well with you and your family. I can't do a webnar.. I don't have a camera or a microphone on this computer.

Gee 10 years went fast and never had any trouble with my hip.. hope it last me forever.

Take Care.... Valerie

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ZonianTerry
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom