Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR Metal Free prothesis for total hip implant?

MAGY

Country
Mexico Mexico
Hello. I hope someone can give me advice. I need a total hip implant on my right hip. Just this week the allergist discovered some metal allergies on my body (Nickel, cobalt, gold, etc). Also I felt some discomfort and minor pain in the right and left abdominal area. I think also metal should be a problem in my blood. I have rheumatoid arthritis, collagen disease, leaky gut... So I need to look for metal free prosthesis. Do you have an idea where my Mexican Hospital can buy these kind of hip prosthesis, do they last?, is research good enough for no metal materials? Can I offer my case for research?
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS

I just add that I have hyperelacticity, so I would love a prothesis that lets you move more than the normal... But now, at least I would ask to be able to walk without risk and pain...

Last edited:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@MAGY Welcome to BoneSmart!

I am afraid there are no metal free implants. However there are implants available for people with metal allergies similar to your's. You should ask your surgeon to investigate this. Or does your allergist know of anyone who can recommend an implant for you?

OP
OP
M

MAGY

Country
Mexico Mexico
Thanks, Jaycey. If someone has another comment, I would be grateful.

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
You may want to look at Smith and Nephews oxiniumn hips, they have a ceramic coating.
Aesculap implants, make a "gold knee" (ceramic) for knees, you surgeon will have to look into their hips.
There is a metal free hip resurfacing component, sounds like it is still experimental.
An allergy-free new hip...made from the world's toughest plastic
Some companies make replacements with Titanium that may work if you are not allergic to Titanium.

I just add that I have hyperelacticity,
Are you talking about Ehlers-Danlos syndrome?
Good luck in your search, keep us posted on how you are doing.

OP
OP
M

MAGY

Country
Mexico Mexico
Thank you @Pumpkln. Your information makes me learn about real possibilities. I'll try to get contact and look for the possibilities.
I do not know if my collagen disease is Ehlers Danlos S, because I have it in clinic, through Brighton and Benington, but the Molecular Studies did not confirm it. They told me they have to continue searching to know more, with more detailed studies with graphics. Anyway I am trying to have a better life quality.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Hippy chick
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom