THR MEPil on the recovery side

How are you doing?
I fired my pre-surgical PT and cancelled all appointments, officially today. :old:

:goodpost:I am happy to hear you see improvement in your limp, and numbness! I hope you will feel the soreness diminishing with time too. :SUNsmile: With two bionic hips, I am sure you can't wait to feel their full effect on your life, once everything has healed.

@MEPil I never had so much pain over the last ten years! Both knees were killing me and both hips. Barely moved the first day after. I was an athlete in my younger years, muscle soreness I can deal with. This was beyond.

Thank you @MEPil That was the day I cried. It was so much pain.
I am better today. My OS office knows I am not doing pre-surgery PT and not doing their APP pre-surgery PT. They agreed not to do anything that hurts. I am relieved.

@VSlowLife good that your OS understands.
I did the Pre surgery PT, my request, it didn't help but did build some strength, I also did the groin injection before surgery, it lasted about 5 weeks. To me, wasted time.
I sure wish the best for you.

:thankyou:, @MEPil. Yes, such a relief he understands. I thought the pre-surgery PT would be good, too. It seems I have some new osteophytes that disagree. My last hoop to get through is the CT scan tomorrow, etc.:fingersx:

Just popping by to say hello and hoping things are still improving...hopefully by the time spring has sprung, you will be feeling springy too!:loveshwr:

Have been off for a bit just checking in on you..I have hit a plateau and expect anything else in improvement is going to be smaller than the first 3 to 4 months as tissues heal..
Hope you are doing well mentally and physically, returning to life pain free as possible

@Steelmanpa we do still have more time for healing and improvement. We will get better, even if we seem to halt for awhile. I'm nowhere near where I wish I was but looking back, I'm so thankful I'm not back there anymore. I have a challenge with muscle strength and my walking is still sloppy at times. If I need the cane to help me a bit, I use it, but that's getting less. I don't know if I'll ever be like I once was, years ago before my knees and hip failed me, but I'll keep fighting.
I'm sure you are doing great and your continued improvement, maybe slower, will continue.
My pain level is much better and even the numbness is better.
Enjoyed hearing from you, thank you.

@Mojo333 @VSlowLife thank you ladies, have come aways in three months, still have aways to go but so much better than on the other side.
My biggest hurdle to over come is to build more muscle strength and get totally rid of the limp that's still with me. It is much better now but when I get tired it wants to show up.
Hope everyone is having a good day.:wave:

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I can relate to the limp when you're fatigued. I dealt with the same and often didn't even realize until it was pointed out to me. Like all else, it eases with time. Hang in there...you're doing well.
Happy Wednesday! :)
@MEPil

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads