Melissa's New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I want to be a physical therapist after all of this! Maybe back to school for me it is.
That warms the cockles of my heart! I know so many people in all sorts of caring professions who were called there as a result of personal experience. They make the very best carers for that very reason. Wonderful!

Thats great Melissa!!!

I brought my 20-year-old neice with me to PT for career exploration, and she is interested too. We looked into it. Since you already have a college degree, I assume, you can skip the prerequisites and go straight to the Essex County College in Newark for the program. (The next closest school that offers it is in New Brunswick.) To be an assistant 3 years, but maybe you could be exempt from certain classes that you already took at Montclair. The best part "no math!" To be a PT (not asst), you have to get your doctorate they told me.

Don't let your friend's father fake you out------no one that goes to Sportscare Institute pays the co-pay. They take whatever the insurance pays and waive the rest.

I think it would be a great career! We looked it up on salary.com to see how much you would earn........on the east coast you would look at the higher end of the scale. There is an assistant named Chris at the Montville center that is starting the course at Essex College this Sept. You can call him, he is very helpful. I really hope my neice dos this too.

Glad you are having mile stones....... I am seeing improvements too.

Hop

Thanks for the info Hop.

I remember you saying that you don't pay a co-pay either, because the place somehow makes out better that way. However, I saw different patients coming in paying while I was there. Who knows? Whether it's the relationship or them being up to no good, I'm not paying $450 which is nice! ($25 @3x a week for 6 weeks). Yay!

I'll let you know if I end up going through with the courses.

Glad you are having milestones too! Isn't it great!

Melissa

That is a great savings..... even more for me as I am 3 x a week for 10 weeks. I should be all done by mid-June. Then I will join a gym, not to lose the newly built muscles.

How is your center Melissa? There are 3 fun PT's at my center, we have a blast, but the one PT in-charge gets mad if we have too much fun, talking and joking. So when he is there it's like a library. I don't know what he has against people trying to make their visit more enjoyable. Even one of his patients asked me why he is like that. Good thing I was assigned to a different PT, so I old her I had no idea why he is so miserable.
You have to have a sense of humor when you are marching on a funky looking ball or being stretched to China. He needs to lighten up.

Hop

Oldbones -thank you very much for your kind words. I have not updated my blog in so long! I have to get back to it.

Hop -you always make me crack up! You are so right about that. It's a very laid back atmosphere. The PT's are attentive, yet let you do your own thing. Everyone in there seems to all start knowing one another.

Melissa

I want to play hookie today.......my muscles feel over-worked......but I just can't whimp-out....
happy-healthy-terrific.....happy-healthy-terrific.....happy-healthy-terrific.....happy-healthy-terrific.....happy-healthy-terrific.....

I got that angel and devil debate working right now! I'm not sure which one will win yet.

Hop

Hop, Do you mean play hookie from PT? If you have been going every week 2-3x per week, I think it's Ok to play hookie today. Just do some exercises tonight before bed!

Ahhhh......I ended up going, I am such a goody-two-shoes sometimes!

But I am glad I did. Each visit get's me closer to goal. My goal is to get my muscles so strong that I won't want to stop when my prescription runs out in 5 weeks. I want to make sure to get that addiction back so I will join a gym. I want to feel invincible again like I did 10 years ago when I was an athlete!

10 years ago, I bought a tanning salon------that's when I got too comfy in my cushy job, and stopped running. I let the girls from MSU run the place, while I day-traded stocks on the computer. It was fun, but I sold the place after a few years. I can't allow myself to get too comfy like that again, because it's too hard to get the drive back again to work out, once you let go!

Hop

Hey Hop! How's Lola today? Don't be so tough on yourself! Everyone needs a mental health day once in awhile! :)

True Judles....

I was a little scared last night cause she trembled all night, and was completely out of it...... and kept sitting up looking around as if she were lost. But she is almost back to her old self today! She is making a fast recovery! She clings to me all day for comfort.....she is just the sweetest thing!

I am soooo thrilled for you! I'm always an optomist, by nature! I am just so glad you went with your instinct and found this wonderful fate! Isn't just unbelievable how horribly WRONG that first vet was! Today, Lola is showing her appreciation of what a wonderful "mommy" she has! Saw her scar! Poor baby! I wonder if pups can use a little soothing Vitamin E? SO thrilled YOU are feeling so good,Hop! All the best to you! :)

Whoops! I meant glad you found this wonderful VET! (And THAT was fate!). :)

Young are you really going to be a PT. Thats what my husband said he would like to get in to. Thats Great. And Hop Im glad all is good with lola and yourself..And Judles I just love her she always has there short but funny saying you can count on........Have a great day all...........kim

I'm definitely looking into it Kim! You are right on about Judles!

Here is a pic of me taken today -my operated hip is back at 90 degrees up when I lift it straight up. Can you tell I'm happy by the picture? Yay!

photo182.jpg

Wow!!!! M!!! You are glowing, Girl! So proud of you that you are doing well! Your smile says it ALL!!!! :)

Good girl. Meliss,,,,you even made your bed!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back