BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Your support makes a difference...BoneSmartie Member

Industry changes have drastically reduced orthopedic partner contributions, which for 13+ years supported the operation and development of BoneSmart.org.

Our patient-focused articles and world-class joint replacement community forum have helped millions of people. Your gift today provides the important funds necessary to keep this valuable resource online.

Donate Now
    Dismiss Notice

Medicare Changes for 2018 - USA Patients

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by Jamie, May 4, 2015.

1. NightQuilter

NightQuilter Sr Bonesmartie

United States United States
    Just found this topic - so important. I have found that both my neurosurgeons are no longer accepting Medicare patients at the end of this year because the payments are so low. Their group's outpatient surgery center already doesn't take Medicare so we are forced into the riskier hospital for procedures. Have not yet conferred with my OS - I don't schedule my 5-year follow-up until after the first of the year. Sigh. And if none of the best surgeons will accept Medicare...??

2. ucsbgal1971

ucsbgal1971 Senior

United States United States
    I knew that was coming. The amount Medicare pays borders on the ridiculous. The amount that my surgeon and his assistant received for my surgery was downright embarrassing. I actually offered to pay more but they could not accept additional payment as it is against the law if they accept Medicare. I don't know what I am going to do as I still need a revision. I think seniors and disabled people will end up with basically no coverage.

• Agree Agree x 1