THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Glad to hear you're alive and well @Mayhip8 ! Sorry hip2 is still barking but at least we know there can -and will- be a happy ending for that one at some point. :angel: I miss you all (and all our other recovery hipsters) with our banter. It was like a special friendship, a real support group. My hip is great but covid is getting wearying... Take care and let's go somewhere nice. I'll try to check more frequently. Hugs from the Midlands.

Ah. @Mayhip8 ! I'd about given up hearing from you again. Have thought of you often too, hoping you're staying safe at work and everywhere, with all that is going on in our world.
I planted tomatoes this summer and actually harvested some! So glad to hear you are gardening. It feeds the soul and the veggies and flowers come regardless of Covid! Thought of @ChrissyW too with all the school chaos we have here, hope she is managing with her students!
All goes to show you, back in the innocent days when we traveled, how little we know about the future but there's hope! And meanwhile we can travel again soon!? I'm so glad you are ok Mayhip and will pray Lefty sustains you while Righty does not plague you too much hip-wise!!
We are all well. My nurse daughter did have covid but after a few rough days recovered well, the rest of us have been ok so far ! Please stay well and hopeful and mobile (these hips have become my best friends!) and I'm up for travel any time!
Love to all!
@Calgal @Elf1 @Layla

Hello my lovely hippy sisters, it’s my second anniversary +1 day today and I’ve been thinking about you all recently, it’s been terribly remiss of me not to keep popping by, but it doesn’t mean I’ve not been thinking of you. As with everything else the pandemic has somewhat disrupted plans. And as yet I still haven’t had my second hip replaced. I’ve had a few minor health issues - mainly allergies, and ovarian cyst which I’m awaiting investigation of, I’ve put on a lot of weight and my blood pressure and blood glucose suggested I had diabetes in February...so I got on my jolly health kick and lost over 32lb and brought my blood sugar and Bp down to the lowest it’s been in three years so I’m ok on that score again.! As soon as I get The all clear from my allergy tests which are due on Thursday, I can consider the removal of the cyst, and then when I’ve recovered from that will try my hardest to get put back on the waiting list for a hip replacement.! Who would’ve thought we’d be here after two years?!, It goes without saying that it has been a very stressful time and I’ve continue to work from home, which it works out okay, but I do miss the camaraderie of my colleagues.

So I’m going to have a peruse through some of these latest postings to see and catch up with you all - happy hippy anniversary to you
@ChrissyW @ahipgma @Calgal@Elf1

Wonderful to hear from you @Mayhip8
Congrats on getting your health in order, and hopefully to work on hip#2!
I am enjoying retirement, and here we are coming out of Covid a little and our CDC said we could ease up with mask wearing if fully vaccinated! Woohoo!
I can wear lipstick again!
We are just traveling a little on our side of the country this summer, New Jersey and Boston. But I'm up for a hippy sister trip anytime. @ChrissyW did you get published yet? It seems like ages ago that we got our ice packs and canes and traveled the globe together. With @Layla popping in every so often to marvel at our energy.
Here's to summer, including our @Calgal, stay healthy and happy, enjoying the better weather
Love to all

Happy 2nd hipaversary @Mayhip8 !! Missed your date a bit, but glad to read of all your hard work getting fightin fit again and ready for #2. :thumb: I'm doing great hip-wise. Lots of gardening despite our wacky cold Spring. I've thought of you often and worried about you working in healthcare during this covid ordeal. So happy you've been safely ensconced at home. :angel:. Take care my friend and keep us posted on hip #2 status. We'll be here to rally round!

:wave:As ever with me, always late to the party!! We are all 2 year plus now, how time flies ( well not really in lockdown land !) lovely to hear from everyone on this thread. Miss you all my lovelies @Mayhip8 , @ahipgma , @Calgal and our 'guardian' @Layla :spin::loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back