THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Thank you @Mayhip8 for sharing such a special beautiful journey with us!! Wales IS remarkable. YOU my friend are also remarkable. :friends: It's been a pleasure traveling our recovery road together. :loveshwr: May all our days be filled with that fresh Welsh air and warm comfy nights...and where were those Welsh cakes? Bless you cariad.

Happy One Year Anniversary!
Wishing your other hip wasn’t holding you back, with any luck it won’t be too much longer.
I hope you a lovely weekend and month of May. :SUNsmile:
@Mayhip8

Happy one year hipaversary my friend! Sorry I didn't post on the day, but yesterday all our neighbors had a big block party for VE day 75th celebration. I wish it stood for 'virus end' day but....hey ho. Actually we all had picnics on our respective front lawns at appropriate social distances, but it was so lovely to see everyone put up decorations and play music...we even had a Mr Whippy ice cream van come by for us! :dancy:But boy was my hip as well as my head :mcoffee: aching last night after all the activities! . Hope you had a great day, celebrating with your family and shiny bionic body. Cheers to you!! :cheers2: Here's to a new year when hopefully number two gets some titanium too. X

Sorry I'm late in wishing you a happy one year hipversary @Mayhip
Hope all is well with you and yours..
:loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr:

Last edited:
It’s good to hear from you, @ChrissyW We are all navigating strange times indeed. Some days I wish I’d wake up and realize it was all a bad dream.

You're coming up on fourteen months post op already on Saturday, July 4th, a big holiday on this side of the pond. I hope you’ve been well and you’re enjoying life with your new hip. Have a wonderful Summer and don't be a stranger here. :)

Hey @Mayhip8 :wave:
It’s been awhile since we’ve heard from you. Hope you’re hanging in there and not in too much pain. Let us know when you schedule, Righty. We’ll be here for support.
Until then...enjoy the Summer!

Was so glad to see some posts from old friends! Just saw my OS for a 1 year and he said my xrays look great. Says he'll see me in 4-6 YEARS unless I need to see him!
I have the occasional leg pains which he tells me is from the cutting but I dont regret having them done. @Calgal I've got my garden kneeler and making up for lost time. Hope @ChrissyW and @Mayhip8 are thriving, and all the bonesmarties. Maybe we should revive the old trips-- they're probably the safest ones to take right now. Be safe and be well :flwrysmile:

How lovely to hear from you @ahipgma , @Calgal and @Layla . Hope our travel buddy @Mayhip8 is doing well too. Imagine we are 14 months in and seems like we are living Groundhog Day with the lockdown. I'm presuming @Calgal your in the same place as me with lockdown relaxation rules but I've only had my first visit to a retailers today as hubby fancied the trip but with online shopping (and oh hiw I have online shopped) I'm in no rush to resume what many think is 'alls good we are back to normal' pubs and bars may be opening this weekend but I'd rather not, maybe next weekend to a reliable restaurant where I know social distancing will happen. Hiw about the rest of you? Have you been more confident than I am? What's the situation over the pond with you @ahipgma and @Layla? I have had to go in to work on Frudays but I'm much happier with all the online teaching. The students have, on the whole, been fantastic and some really didn't want to go in for the meeting as they are scared. One lively young lady felt physically sick leaving her house and I had a number of conversations to support but it is hard when you know exactly why she is feeling like she is. Our town may end up with a second localised lock down as numbers are increasing but there are so many flouting the rules, in fact one pub in the area had a'small party'(!!!) last week. It really makes me angry after so many of us have sacrificed so much for 4months that others have a couldn't care less attitude! Anyway rant over. What cooking have all you lovelies been doing? You know I'm no baker but I've perfected a whisked fatless sponge cake and it's been a firtnightly treat, not just to eat but to successfully bake! Miss our chats and our virtual vacations (especially as hubby and I had booked a Cannes holiday for May that was cancelled) @ahipgma what happened with your Italy trip?
Big hugs to you all and hopefully we can catch up again soon, not leaving it so long xxx

So,so good to hear from you @ChrissyW ! I hope @mayhip is doing ok.
Our country is all over the place ( as it is very large) with how in and out of lockdown we are.
Where I live in Pennsylvania we stepped back a little too because cases were increasing
Last Wednesday my daughter (a nurse)was diagnosed with Covid and she had been with us a day prior
We (hub and I) are 7 days into quarantine and doing ok. Daughter only 25 years old, has a mild case but she still felt pretty rotten the first few days but we are SO thankful it wasnt any worse.
As quarantine we cant really leave our house at all so I'll be cooking some pretty creative meals as our food supply wanes. I know what you mean about Groundhog day -- which by the way the real one takes place in a little town about 3 hrs drive from my house.
Keep in touch and be well! :friends: virtual hug is safe :ok:4

Good to hear from you, @ChrissyW I’m a bit further west of ahipgma but echo what she’s said. There are ups and downs all over the country. Can’t keep it all straight. Since you asked, I’m putting a lot of faith in my immune system, but certainly don’t believe I’m invincible by any means. Like most everyone, I do a lot of hand sanitizing and don’t touch my face when I’m out. The virus has not held me captive inside...so far. Who knows what tomorrow may bring. :fingersx: It’s getting old, that’s for sure and I, like everyone else, just want things to be normal again.

First we missed you and now we miss Mayhip since we haven’t heard from her in almost two months. I would have posted on your thread, but it seems you all hang out here. With any luck Mayhip‘s hip is holding up and she’s not in too much pain.
Happy Fourteen Month Anniversary, Chrissy.
Be safe and stay well!

@Mayhip8 Hi :hi: I hope you have a good week!

@ahipgma I hope your daughter gets well soon.

Sorry to read this, Mayhip, I hope all is not lost because it would have been lovely to hear from you, it’s been too long. I think of you three often when I see any one of you posting and then wonder how your non op hip is doing. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Below is the info received from Admin when questioning if a post ever goes missing -

Yes, it usually happens when a member forgets to hit the post reply button. It can also happen if the poster accidentally highlights an area of text and then hits the backspace.

If you realise you have just lost a block of text you can hit the undo icon
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 18.47.50.png

What is restored depends on how recently the draft has been saved.

Does this member work from a phone or a computer?

A TIP FOR YOU, MAYHIP -

An option to make use of if you’re typing a long post is to hit the save draft icon so all is not lost.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 19.02.58.png

@Mayhip8

I can’t believe so much time has passed! I had intended to update earlier, however I’m here now

I hope everyone is keeping as well as they can, I’m okay but my hip is getting more painful, I really must go back to my GP and get a referral although I am not convinced elective surgery is up and running again properly as we head for a second spike.

In other news we’ve had the month of celebrations in September with my birthday, the children’s birthdays and our wedding anniversary. We’ve been keeping busy with going back to school, starting college, remaining at work, and decorating the front lounge, I’m going to make it our cosy place to be as we battle through the next few months before spring brings us longer days and hope.
- in saying that it’s been a glorious sunny and warm-ish September weekend, and I am still managing to get out in the fresh air and away from people in parks and woodland. To keep my soul refreshed.

I’m planting daffodils and tulips this afternoon, and always look forward to seeing them crown the following year.
i’ve cooked my world-famous Bolognese for dinner tonight and so the smell is permeating through the house.
I have been thinking of you all often and wondering how you are getting on .
@ChrissyW @Calgal @ahipgma @Layla

Ladies shall we plan a weekend away somewhere cosy and inviting /luxurious and frivolous /expensive and costly no holds barred?
we have so much to catch up on
big hugs and love to all xxxx

Hi @Mayhip8 :hi: It’s nice to read your update this morning. I’m sorry your hip is becoming more painful as I recall the limitations that brings. It’s sad you have to deal with this in the midst of all else we’re all trying to slog through given the pandemic.

A belated Happy Birthday and Anniversary to you! Wow, you do have a month of celebrating with lots of special dates to make merry. All the more memories to cherish. :)

I’m going to make it our cosy place to be as we battle through the next few months before spring brings us longer days and hope.
I’m planting daffodils and tulips this afternoon, and always look forward to seeing them crown the following year.

Love your quotes above! Making lemonade out of lemons and holding out hope for brighter days! Very encouraging as it’s easy to feel overwhelmed at times with the virus...and the upcoming contentious election, here in the states. I don’t like day dreaming my life away, but I’m looking forward to Spring myself, hoping all feels more promising by then.

Wishing you many days of comfort as you enjoy the beautiful Autumn season. Sending a hug and hoping you’ll stay in touch. :loveshwr:

Hey Calgal, ahipgma and Chrissy. I hope you all are doing well also!
A beautiful Autumn to you!:wave:

@Mayhip8 it's good to hear from you, sorry you're hip is giving you a run for your money. Hopefully they'll open you back up for elective surgeries soon so you can get it taken care of. :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom